Does This Ever Happen to You?

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Does This Ever Happen to You?

Post by DADINK13 »

I dunno if this is a problem with AIM, IE, or both..but does this ever happen to you?

.. :-?
Attachments
2.gif
2.gif (22.31 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
1.gif
1.gif (23.91 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

ugh, for some stupid reason, pictures i post never show up..but if the first one works, hopefully you'll get the idea..
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Make it a atachement... that should work the same way as your doing it...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK.. Geocities doesnt allow linking to images from their servers. That's why the images dont show up. :P
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

i saw what the pics were by going to ur site then going to the images them selves (thats the only way geocities will let ya) and yeah..... the reason you get those two messages is because you clicked on a link after you cloned aim then closed it.

If you wanna fix it, ya gotta close the current aim your using ad reopen it and links will work for it from then on.

the reason its doing that is because whan aim+ clones aim, it just creates another location of aim (and other stuff too) and when you close that clone, aim+ deletes the install. so when yyou try to click a link, windows looks for the installed clone and cant find it.

hope that helped :)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:Geocities doesnt allow linking to images from their servers. That's why the images dont show up. :P
That I did not know. Damn Geocities. I need to find a new web page provider.. :-?
Plasma2002b wrote:the reason its doing that is because whan aim+ clones aim, it just creates another location of aim (and other stuff too) and when you close that clone, aim+ deletes the install. so when yyou try to click a link, windows looks for the installed clone and cant find it.
Yea, that was the problem. I thought it had something to do with cloning of AIM. Thanks! :D
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

DADINK13 wrote:That I did not know. Damn Geocities. I need to find a new web page provider.. :-?
Use ranchoweb.com...it's specific purpose is remote linking, so you know they'll never prevent it.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Use ranchoweb.com...it's specific purpose is remote linking, so you know they'll never prevent it.
Well, I like Geocities because they're free, and the fact that I didn't need a new account since I already had a Yahoo! email address. What I don't like is the fact that I can't use FTP uploads unless I have a pay account. My webpage isn't anything more than just a page about me. It's exactly what it's titled: My Big-ass Info Page. That's all I use it for really. If I could find another free website provider that has everything Geocities has PLUS FTP uploads, then I may change.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Use ranchoweb.com...it's specific purpose is remote linking, so you know they'll never prevent it.
Ranchoweb is so unreliable and amature compared to other hosting providers. I had an account with them, and my pictures were there one minute..and gone the next. The pictures would never stay hosted.
Even when I was logged into my account, it told me there was no picture available..and I was looking at the freakin' file! I posted in their forum and told them to delete my account since they didnt have a way for me to do it.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

i have a little thing that lets people upload directly to my server for the purpose of a quick online linking.

the stuff gets deleted about once a month, so its nothing permanent. Its just for peopel that need, for example, to put a picture or small file online to show other people.

if anyone thinks they could use that, heres the link:

www.schwippy.com/loader

:wink:

DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Plasma2002b wrote:the stuff gets deleted about once a month, so its nothing permanent. Its just for peopel that need, for example, to put a picture or small file online to show other people.

if anyone thinks they could use that, heres the link:

www.schwippy.com/loader
I could find that useful..but when you say "small" how small do you mean?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

under 1mb....

(but there really is no limit.... thats just what i ask for common curtesy)