Another Use For Cloning

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Another Use For Cloning

Post by Dice599 »

I just realized another use for cloning: I sign on to my two sn's that have the same buddy list and when there's about fifty people online, I dont have to scroll because one of my buddy list's is at the top of the list and the other one is at the bottom of the list. Voila, no scrolling for me to see who's online. I know, I'm lazy. I would put a screen shot but I don't know how to do that.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
rocket733

Post by rocket733 »

:lol: That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol..... woulda have never thought of that........ kinda killin a cricket with a missle launcher tho isnt it? (or whatever that dumb metaphore is, lol)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Plasma2002b wrote:lol..... woulda have never thought of that........ kinda killin a cricket with a missle launcher tho isnt it? (or whatever that dumb metaphore is, lol)
I like that metaphor, and yea it kinda is, but I usually have both sn's up anyway so I figured why not.
Official Beta Tester

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

So how do you take screen shots? I didn't ask the question in the original post but I figured somebody would tell me anyway, guess not.
Official Beta Tester

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

ahh the power of the PrntScrn button :)

press that button then go into your graphics program and just press paste

thats it...... you may want to reduce size and stuff like that tho.... and crop it, but yeah..... thats how you get a screenshow.

also, if you press Alt+PrntScrn then it takes a snapshot of only the currently active window
:wink:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

like plasma said Alt+Print Screen only takes the shot of the active window which is a very helpful tool when you only need the active window, i sue it a lot
tone
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I'm sorry for going slightly off-topic, but....

Everytime I scan the board and see the title of this thread "Another Use for Cloning" I can't help but think we are having a discussion about the Human Cloning issue that is being bombarded on the news stations these days. I just chuckly thinking what people may be saying about other uses for cloned humans......lol

* You are now returned to your regularly scheduled thread discussion *

Ray
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

harra wrote:I'm sorry for going slightly off-topic, but....

Everytime I scan the board and see the title of this thread "Another Use for Cloning" I can't help but think we are having a discussion about the Human Cloning issue that is being bombarded on the news stations these days. I just chuckly thinking what people may be saying about other uses for cloned humans......lol

* You are now returned to your regularly scheduled thread discussion *

Ray
Clone Michael Jackson so he can dangle himself out the window...lol
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Clone Michael Jackson so he can dangle himself out the window...lol
I didn't mean to change the direction of this thread (to an off-topic one), but that was funny.......lol
:lol:

Ray
twobrain
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by twobrain »

why dont you just reduce the font size of your buddy list and separate your buddies to buddies you talk to and buddies you dont talk to ... and collapse the buddies you dont talk to... or something... well as long as you can come up w/ 2 categories to separate it by... you can just collapse and expand instead of scrolling...

blah
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

But that means I have to move my mouse..which means I have to pick my hands up from the keyboard...I just use alt-tab to switch between screens and navigate using the keyboard and w/ the two buddy lists I dont have to do nething cept have both buddy lists in full view.
Official Beta Tester

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I at one point reduced my font to 11pt but on a monitor stuck at 640x480 thats as low as I dare go. On my mom's computer I have no problem with seeing all the people on the BL, and I thought that I have a lot of people online, and I have about 6 or 7 groups... hmmm. I still like the idea of two windows.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

My buddy list font is 8pt. I find that smaller words are easier for me to read.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

I made mine 8 pt to see what it would look like. I could read it ok, but the spacing between the names became bigger when I did it so I still had to scroll the same amount.
Official Beta Tester