Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Is Michael Jordan a 2002/2003 All-Star?

Post by Big-O Mark »

Monday, January 13

Jordan on All-Star Game: 'time for me to step aside'

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- If the NBA and its fans want to see Michael Jordan at the All-Star Game, it's going to take some convincing.

Jordan, who has averaged a record 21.3 points per game in the All-Star Game, prefers to have the time off if he's not elected to start in the Feb. 9 game at Atlanta.

"I'm not going to campaign for it," Jordan said. "It's great. It is good to represent the fans and if I get a chance to do that I will do that. But if I don't there will be no remorse, no ill feelings, no animosity none of that.

"I'll enjoy my week. I'm pretty sure I can find a warm climate somewhere."

All-Star voting ended Sunday. In the latest available totals, Jordan was third among Eastern Conference guards behind Orlando's Tracy McGrady and Philadelphia's Allen Iverson.

Jordan, a 12-time All-Star starter, has averaged 17.6 points per game this season for the Washington Wizards and has been a big reason for the team's climb to sixth place in the Eastern Conference. But Jordan says that it is time for the younger players to get their chance.

"Things are changing. Players are changing. And (with) new generations coming in fans want to see new players in new situations. That doesn't bother me at all," Jordan said.

"I welcome that because I think that's how the league is going to survive. It's a different era, and it's time for me to step aside and let some of these kids move in, and that doesn't bother me not one bit -- free up my time a little bit more."
-Mark
Big-O Software
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Is this a "I'm too old and don't think I will be elected to the starting line"?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ