WinAMP 2.x vs. WinAMP3

WinAMP 2.x
71%
WinAMP 3
29%

Total votes: 14

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I agree with everyone here.. I had Winamp 3 for only a few days.. and then switched back to Winamp 2.81(latest 2.x version).
Version 3 is just too sluggish and I don't like most of their new features anyways..

As for version 3 being able to play videos.. go download the plugin called VidAMP. That's the best one for playing videos that I have found.

And how you all talk about AOL making Winamp so bad, I really don't believe it was them that did it. Nullsoft still runs Winamp, and AOL owns Nullsoft. But AOL just backs up Nullsoft financially..so they can keep producing new versions.

As for all the sluggishess, it's because it's so feature packed, and that's because they put in what the users want. Just go take a look at their request forums..
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Yea but it's so easy to blame AOL for all our problems.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

AOL killed my dog! :(

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

AOL can be blamed for everything that goes wrong Just like you can blame M$ and the goverment
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

My grandma slipped on an AOL cd that was on the floor at the top of the stairs.................

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

an aol cd almost set our house on fire..... (well that was after I lite the cd on fire but it all aol fault)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well of course it was! i mean jeez.... if aol was ANYTHING they should have made their cd's fireproof........

what were they thinking? :-?

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Plasma2002b wrote:well of course it was! i mean jeez.... if aol was ANYTHING they should have made their cd's fireproof........

what were they thinking? :-?
I dont know. I mean they should know there people like me who like to see if things burn
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

xWastedMindx wrote:And how you all talk about AOL making Winamp so bad, I really don't believe it was them that did it. Nullsoft still runs Winamp, and AOL owns Nullsoft. But AOL just backs up Nullsoft financially..so they can keep producing new versions.

As for all the sluggishess, it's because it's so feature packed, and that's because they put in what the users want. Just go take a look at their request forums..
How exactly do you know how much influence AOL has on how and who still programs for nullsoft? I guarantee that they have their hand in the code. If they were just "financially backing" them then there would be no benefit to aol at all. They are all about making money, and in any way that they can.

Also on another note (and Ryan can help me testify to this if he sees this thread): Adding more functionability to a program does not necessarily make it sluggish. There are proper and improper ways to allocate memory and to load and unload functions and modules within a program. The GUI itself accosts for a good portion of the wasted memory. Just look at the difference between WMP 6.x and 7. I use v6 with updated codecs and I can load it in a split second. Opening a full length movie (divx) takes all of a second and a half (I just timed it). Try that in v7 which is the same thing with a new GUI... you'll wait twice as long I guarantee it.
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I dont know a damn thing.. it just sounded good. And it makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about :)
But obviously you're on to me.. so maybe I'll just shut up now.. :wink:
Gohan
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Gohan »

DADINK13 wrote:
Timelessblur wrote:WMP9 what that?
Windows Media Player 9
i got that its way better than the rest, i had some cartoon clips and with wmp 8 it ran kinda slow when i played the clip on the 9 series it ran better and faster :p you ppl should get it
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I like my old wmp 5.0 it was great work really well wiht my computer and all. I acciedtly upgrauded to wmp9. It was good and all but it no match for the old wmp5. My first taste of 9 though was on my laptop witch came with it.