Downloading Problem

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

Ok sry enough with the AIM + 3.0. I have a new question. lol I'm trying to download a service pack for my internet page thing because its screwed up. And so i was downloading it and it like gets to 90% and then it says it done downloading and it isnt, and it doesnt complete the enitre requrirments like 50 MB or w/e. So if anybody knows how to fix it so that it will download the enitire thing. Please tell me!! THANX!
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Your post has nothing to do with the future of AIM+ / Big-O so why did you post it as a reply to that thread? That thread isn't even in the right category for your question/problem!

Your post has been split off and placed in the proper forum. Please try to post in the right place, it's not that hard.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Matt

Post by Matt »

What OS do you have. Assuming that you are downloading from windowsupdate.microsoft.com, has this problem happened in the past with other programs? Or does it only happen with that particular service pack?
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
the_few_the_many369

Hey i have windows XP, and yes this has happened in the past and i dunno how i got it to download. Like it happened with AIM and downloadin AIM +. O sweet nevermind it just went through. I guess i just have to keep dowloading it over and over. I tried it for over an hour now but now its installing but i'm set now thanx.!! :D Holy @#$% its gunna take an hour lol. thanx again tho. But if u know how to fix it so it wont do it agian plz tell me. :D
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

You wouldn't have a dial-up connecto to the internet? I always had that problem before I went to broadband
the_few_the_many369

Hey its doing it AGAIAN! I hate frickin dail up it sux! i'm trying to download the new Meadia Player 9 series! :cheesy: Cuz it looks really cool! But with this it quites only at 3-10% and its gunna take bout an 45 min. job! And yes i am downloading from windowsupdate.microsoft.com so will boradband fix my prob? Cuz why would it do this? Windows XP is susposted to be GOOD! and RITE NOW ITS PISSING ME OFF cuz it sux! and becides I cant afford brodband! too much!!!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

who you ISP that might explain you problem
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

You get what you pay for with an ISP most of the time. There are exceptions of course... such as AOL (:twisted:) but that's another story...
:D
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

very true. AOL was a bitch about trying to download anything. It was really good at cutting me off in mid download. I had AT&T dial up before that and most of the time it work great. The only real problem I ever had was when I ran into hardware problemes (my modem disided to break on me)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Any dial up connection is going to give you problems because of analog signal attenuation, but some providers are alot better than others. I have Bellsouth ADSL (1.5Mb/256Kb) and I wouldn't switch it for the world :) I can max out no problem... but then again I do live just down the road from the WAN switch.
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Get a Download file helper program thingy. (I forgot the name of these types of apps.)

Download Accelerator Plus, Getright, GoZilla.

DAP is an accelerator, with Pause / Resume capability. So in your case, if your download cuts off, you can start over again from where you left off, and not from the beginning.

Getright is pretty good, but it just allows you the option to resume downloads and some other little features.

GoZilla I have never used, and heard it's spyware anyways.

I recommend DAP 5 over any of those though!
http://www.speedbit.com - or http://www.downloadaccelerator.com
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:I can max out no problem... but then again I do live just down the road from the WAN switch.
Question Jester, I've been wondering..and you might know considering you just said that statement I quoted.

How can I find out where the main switch thingy is located for my provider. I got Road Runner. And I'm located in St. Petersburg, FL! :)
Or how about this question..where is the nearest Fiber Internet Backbone located?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You should be able to just ask a service rep (I would make sure it went to the local call center though), but it should not matter since you have cable.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
mttatkns
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by mttatkns »

there are also sites that you can go to that tell you your distance from ur provider's office
the_few_the_many369

Hey i do have a sucky Internet Service Provider! It doesnt kick me off line. But IT DOES CUT ME OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF A DOWNLOAD! Hey and that Download Accelerator costs $$ I want free! :cheesy: Its too bad it costs money! Otherwise i'd do it! Ya but i havent tried to download things so ya i havent had any problems! But the idea of the download accelerator is great. Starting the download from where it left off, thatd be nice! But $$! Too bad