Find Email addresses to Screennames?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Arin

Find Email addresses to Screennames?

Post by Arin »

There is a screenname I want to register that is taken. It was probibly registered and never used again. I would like to email that person and ask them if I could have the name. How would I go about finding their registered email address?

Also, if it was taken by an @aol.com address which now has a defunct account, is there a way to ask aol to reactivate the name for use by someone else?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Once a SN has been used the only way you are going to get it is by asking the person that has the SN. There is no way to find out the email address of someones SN.

Can I ask how you know it is a aol.com email address :-?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Arin

Post by Arin »

Because its is the screen name "Arin" which I am sure was taken before AIM.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

oh... good luck getting that.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

It would be pretty cool of AOL to recycle old screennames. Maybe they could hold AOL registered names for awhile in case the user wants to return to their service after cancelling. However, AIM screennames would be less controversial to recycle because nobody pays for them. After a year (or whatever) of not signing on, the screenname would be lost and returned to the pool of available names when registering. Just a thought :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Could you imagine how upset that would make the people that have the four and three letter SNs just simply so they can say they have them?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

PhaseAMD wrote:Could you imagine how upset that would make the people that have the four and three letter SNs just simply so they can say they have them?
Well, play me a sad little tune on your violin.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

:shrug:

I'm just saying it would not go over very well.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I think AOL should have delet old screen names after a year or of inactive use. This would give them better numbers of how many users they have. Also I know personly I have at least 4 sn that I have not used in a year (that and my former SN Timelessblurr will be inatvie until aol delets LOL)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Timelessblur wrote:This would give them better numbers of how many users they have.
I actually never thought about that, but that is just one huge reason why AOL will NOT delete old SNs. They like anyone else enjoy high numbers, no matter how false they are.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseAMD wrote:
Timelessblur wrote:This would give them better numbers of how many users they have.
I actually never thought about that, but that is just one huge reason why AOL will NOT delete old SNs. They like anyone else enjoy high numbers, no matter how false they are.
So with all the inactive members and screen names AOL has... that 35 million user base, is probably more around 25-30 million.
I know a ton of people that are getting away from AOL, cause their finally realizing what crap service it is. :lol:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
PhaseAMD wrote:
So with all the inactive members and screen names AOL has... that 35 million user base, is probably more around 25-30 million.
I know a ton of people that are getting away from AOL, cause their finally realizing what crap service it is. :lol:
the 35 mill is prouble right. I was more thinking along the line of the 135 mil AIM users they claim to have. Person I think that number a no higher the 100 mil at most
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Matt

Post by Matt »

One of the major reasons AOL is failing is because it just started introducing Broadband when Timewarner, Sprint, etc were offering it 3 years before. This has hurt AOL significantly.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The thing is AOL is Time Warner... Pretty much if you get broadband with AOL it is RR just with AOL's name on it.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

Big-O Mark wrote:It would be pretty cool of AOL to recycle old screennames. Maybe they could hold AOL registered names for awhile in case the user wants to return to their service after cancelling.
AOL does hold AOL registered users screen names for something like six months untill they are returned to the pool. If the user wants to reactivate that account all they have to do is go into a menu and click "Reactivate" or something.