Profile Information

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Profile Information

Post by Dice599 »

I know we talked about this a while ago, but I can't find where it is so I figured I'd start a new topic. Anyway, we talked about the stuff you could see in someones profile. There's the standard stuff that everyone sees like...Joined, Last Visit, Total Posts, Location, Website, Occupation, and Interests. But then there was more information that we thought only the mods could see, like Total Duration, Last Online Duration, Number of Visits and Number of Page Hits. Well today I was logged off for some reason, (I think the cookie got deleted) and I looked at someones profile and there was the extra information. Then I logged in and it was gone once again. So it looks like that info can be seen by mods and guests, but not regular users.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

That's kinda unusual..why is that?
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

I have no idea...that's why I posted about it...it's actually your profile I was lookin at when I realized it. Kinda weird...haha.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I'm pretty sure someone mentioned this before.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Yea I am too. Maybe Mark can shed some light on this situation when he arrives sometime tonight..
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh oh pick me! I actually pointed this out.. I guess I just was not getting my point across? The settings are simply miss set I bet, but I would not think you would be able to skip members and not guests :-?.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Having been a moderator and admin on another board, I noticed that it is real easy to forget about the non-registered guests. They sometimes accidentally get access to all kinds of things because you forgot to turn the features off (i.e. can view threads/posts but not post new threads/posts)
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well if you ask me, all those users who have never logged in before should be deleted. What's the purpose of keeping them around if they've never logged in before?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

D4D1NK13 wrote:Well if you ask me, all those users who have never logged in before should be deleted. What's the purpose of keeping them around if they've never logged in before?
bigger numbers :)
:D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

jester22c wrote:
D4D1NK13 wrote:Well if you ask me, all those users who have never logged in before should be deleted. What's the purpose of keeping them around if they've never logged in before?
bigger numbers :)
lol...besides that!! Don't they just use server resources that could be used for bigger, more important things?
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I don't think the presence of the usernames takes up any resources other than a miniscule amount of HD space. I think it's the posts themselves that make the database grow and take up resources (memory, HD space, etc).

Ray
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I think that the member list needs to be cleaned up and massive readueced. Removing all banned names, memebers who never post extra. I think Mark should put up and Anoment that in so and so date all memeber who have not posted before so-and so date will deleted
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Don't even kid about that... Its so close to being so I can declare this board has 4000 members... I have been looking foward to this... Must not take the evil advice of clearing out the unused accounts.... Must not... :twisted:

When we get 4001 members you may clear it out :cheesy:
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

PhaseAMD wrote:Don't even kid about that... Its so close to being so I can declare this board has 4000 members... I have been looking foward to this... Must not take the evil advice of clearing out the unused accounts.... Must not... :twisted:

When we get 4001 members you may clear it out :cheesy:
Is it just me or a few of the memeber live revolves around these bored :roll:
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I actually just looked at the stats for this board and was pretty impressed with the size. There is about (roughly estimated) 3 post per member. The data base is only 21.73 MB which really is small. The avatar directory is less then 2 MB, and the board has been up 423 days (LIE!). It is pretty small, and I am willing to bet that they have at least 50 MB to use for the site, and I am equally willing to bet that the website itself does not even touch 5 MB total.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ