Something that may HELP the developers of AIM+!

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

punkrawkseltz
Just Registered
Just Registered

Something that may HELP the developers of AIM+!

Post by punkrawkseltz »

Hi,

I ws just passing through your site when I saw that you guys don't currently have a Mac version of your stupendous program because of lack of Cocoa (Apple OSx native programming language) programming knowledge. Well, your luck may have just changed.
I saw that you guys recommend Aduim form Mac users. Well I am a moderator at the forums that host the Adium forums and a software comapny called The Little App Factory. While this is not advertising for them, the Little App Factory specializes in Cocoa development and may be able to help you out of developing a Mac version of AIM plus. This is just a suggestion. You can choose to disregard it if you choose but the Macintosh platform is a substantial market of users that you have yet to reach.

You may view the Little App Factory's Website here

I wish the best of luck to you.

Justin
Moderator of the Funmac.com Forums
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

ALL development of AIM+ has been halted indefinitely.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Also Ryan stated back in the time when he did work on AIM+ that he would not be program one for MACs because he has not expires program in that language and does not know enough about macs to program for them
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Timeless that is what the person is actually talking about, but I know that Mark and Ryan have no intention on letting people see the source code.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

I think it would be kind of cool if Mark and Ryan did allow an independent programmer develop a Mac version of AIM, but I'm not terribly concerned about it. I liked AIM+ because of the logging, and AIM for Mac OS X has that built-in. Besides, as much as I like the Macintosh, there really wouldn't be a huge market for a Mac version of AIM+, what with only 3-6% of the market share for computers.

Although, it would be really cool if Mark and Ryan released the source code, and/or allowed a Mac version to be developed under the GNU Public License, and made AIM+ open-source. :) But judging by their statements, that isn't likely to happen, and as it is their intellectual property, they have every right to keep it under lock and key.
punkrawkseltz
Just Registered
Just Registered

Hmmm...

Post by punkrawkseltz »

Oh well, your choice. The offer is still open if you guys wish to take it up.