The F-Body "Replacements"

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

The F-Body "Replacements"

Post by DADINK13 »

As many of you might have already known, the Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Firebird twins have reached the end of their producition after over 30 years. A shame I think--because I love Trans-Ams. I've always been a Chevy/Chrysler fan, and now seeing that the Camaro/Firebird has been dropped, it brings a tear to my eye.

However, GM has some tricks up their sleeves. Pontiac is reviving an old nameplate called the GTO by importing a Holden from Australia. From what I've read about the Holden Monaro, I think it's fit to bear the name of GTO. The new GTO should be hitting the market either this summer or early 2004.
The new 2004 Pontiac GTO
2003 Holden Monaro CV8

Specs:
345ci, 5.7L OHV LS1 V8
340hp @ 5200rpm
360 lb-ft torque @ 4000rpm
Power-assisted four-wheel vented disc brakes with four-channel ABS
Transmissions: close-ratio 6sp manual or 4sp automatic
0-60 est < 6.0 sec
Top speed est 160mph

Chevrolet, however is getting the strange-looking SSR. It's kinda like a pickup truck, but it's not. You just have to see it. Will be available in limited numbers this summer.
2003 Chevrolet SSR

Specs:
323ci, 5.3L V8
290hp @ 5200rpm
325 lb-ft torque @ 4000 rpm
Transmissions: 4sp automatic
No performace specs available
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I'm not a big pontiac fan, but that GTO looks decent.

That SSR is horrid looking... I can't believe Chevy would do something like that. ICK
:D
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Yea....and to think they would replace the Camaro with that....thing..ugh..
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

... Don't worry... The Camaro will be back after a couple years worth of sales.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

yeah but when they bring it back they are going to make that retro look like a lot of the other cars are doing. I personly have grown tired of all the cars that are going reto
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

If you haven't learned yet, all history, fashion, and popular trends are cycular. That means you keep seeing the same trends coming back and being modified. Right now, in fashion, a lot of the styles of the 70's are back but with each "re-birth" is a few modifications to make it "new"
hmph

Mustang

Post by hmph »

Well, it is a shame to have the F body discontinued, but hopefully it will be back in 5-10 years, in that time, I am gonna be looking at Ford for the new mustang, out in 2005, they FINALLY went back to a RWD model, so it is a little more sports coupé and a little less family economy car :D
DADINK13

Re: Mustang

Post by DADINK13 »

hmph wrote:they FINALLY went back to a RWD model, so it is a little more sports coupé and a little less family economy car :D
...Mustangs have never been anything but RWD...nor have they ever been "family cars."

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's sure not right.
z8c5

Post by z8c5 »

i really doubt they'll bring back camaros/firebirds, i believe they're just going to replace them and thats it 8) oh and go to my website if you like cars :D