Sales Tax

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Timelessblur wrote:Thx for the link. I gave up trying to find it at my best buy so I just sent the order off (beside I pay less sales tax that way. Only 6.25 instead of 8.25)
ouch dude.. our sales tax here is only 7% :wink:
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

7.75 here :P

online taxes are kinda weird though...... its all a lil controversial on what should be done

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Luck you... Sales is 9.25 here :(
:D
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

8.125% here. sum online stores (like those yahoo merchants) dont have tax, @least they didnt a few weex ago
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Plasma2002b wrote:7.75 here :P

online taxes are kinda weird though...... its all a lil controversial on what should be done
I like it the way it is though.. heh.
Until they figure out this whole e-commerce deal, normally you pay the sales tax by which ever state you live in. Sometimes though, you end up paying the sales tax by whichever state your buying from.. which sucks even more.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

it depends on where you buy it from. If the compain does not have a base of operatoin in you state you do not have to pay sales tax on it. For exampt I try to order most of my books from BN.com (Barns&noble) because i dont not have to pay any sales tax because they do not have any warehouse in Texas. (on top of the no sales tax I get another 5% because I am a reader atvangemember). I guuessing none of you have head of a cd holder called discos (best cd holder I have found yet. I can thow step drop basicly what ever to it and my cds are safe and the case is self comes out great). This complain is bases in Texas and ONLY texas resdesdents have to pay tax on it.

pay no attation to Timelessblur's mindless ramblelings. Ok really if that makes any since tell me.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Oh! PA sales tax is 6%! Eat it! :P :)
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Michael wrote:Oh! PA sales tax is 6%! Eat it! :P :)
Burrrrrrrn. Damn that's good. Not much different than 7%. only about $2 on your final bill..depending on what you purchase, and how much it costs.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

When I lived in Boston we used to drive to NH every now and then to buy things (mostly expensive things -- our tv for example) because they didn't have sales tax.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

jester22c wrote:When I lived in Boston we used to drive to NH every now and then to buy things (mostly expensive things -- our tv for example) because they didn't have sales tax.
No sales tax at all ?! Are you serious?! WOW!! :) Haha.. I've never heard such things before. That's cool, but I'm sure they have it now..
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Yeah they didn't have any at all. I think they do now, but I'm not sure. If I recall, they had crazy income tax and property tax or something to make up for it... It evens out I suppose. Tax is 9.25 here as I mentioned but we have no income tax.
Last edited by jester22c on Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

jester22c wrote:When I lived in Boston we used to drive to NH every now and then to buy things (mostly expensive things -- our tv for example) because they didn't have sales tax.
A went there a long time ago and I think I remember them not having sales tax. Of course I've always lived far from there so there were no day trips to NH for shopping. My sales tax here is 6 and a quarter.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I believe there are 4 states with no sales tax.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I did a bit of research and it turns out That New Hampshire still doesn't have any sales tax. Neither does Alaska, Delaware, or Oregon. Also turns out that TN has the nations highest :roll: (lucky me)
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Florida has no income tax. That was hot :cheesy:.
-Mark
Big-O Software