The new opera

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:Cable Descambler boxes are legal btw... Same idea with Kazaa / Kazaa Lite.
Yeah, legal to have. But the second you hook up to your cable lines, and try to get cable service without paying.. you're in a world of trouble. Time Warner (or should I say Brighthouse) has some way of detecting who has cable descramblers attached and leeching free channels... Or so I've heard. That's why I wont try it.. otherwise I would already be getting my channels for free.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

They can detect it. I'm not gonna go into the physics of HOW though. I would seriously recommend not using them. You might not even get caught, but it's very possible. A different idea would be to record the signal onto your computer and descramble the recorded signal. There's no way they could detect that.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh you could just not tell your cable company when they mess up and give you free HBO for 8 years (Would have been longer but we moved :().
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Hmm...so maybe I shouldn't say anything about that. We've had it for about 2 years.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The weird part..

I was living in a duplex at the time, and our neighbor was getting it free too (yes we had diffrent plans).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

its easy to get free cable just order it then tell them you dont want it anymore after a few months or so and keep BIG dogs in your backyard. cable guys dont like big dogs :twisted: thats how i'm getter free cable and one of the reasons i dont have roadrunner :(
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Time Warner turns it on at the office in Rochester... Also I use Dish Network now so...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:Time Warner turns it on at the office in Rochester... Also I use Dish Network now so...
Time Warner is now Brighthouse.

They changed their name after the official breakup of the AOL / Time Warner joint venture. Also another reason to raise the rates. :|
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Whoa! I just missed two major things... First AOL/Time Warner broke up? Second I don't get serviced by "Time Warner" anymore for my Internet?

NEWS ARTICLE PLEASE!
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:Whoa! I just missed two major things... First AOL/Time Warner broke up? Second I don't get serviced by "Time Warner" anymore for my Internet?

NEWS ARTICLE PLEASE!

You'll still get serviced by Road Runner which is provided by Brighthouse Networks (formally known as Time Warner Communications). Just a name change.. I'll see if I can find the article of AOL / TW breakup.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well I figured as much... But it will be intresting to see my next bill say BrightHouse.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ