aim buddylist background color

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Robpol86, what is the hex location of the value for the buddy list background color that you changed to black?
J3utton
Addict
Addict

Post by J3utton »

in aim 5.2.3139 I found out that the hex location for the back groung color of the bottom menu (Read,Today,Away,Pref) is 5D5B
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

Jon8RFC wrote:Robpol86, what is the hex location of the value for the buddy list background color that you changed to black?
its on that link i posted previsouly. but MikeZed did it for my cuz my buddyui.ocm was different
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

J3utton wrote:in aim 5.2.3139 I found out that the hex location for the back groung color of the bottom menu (Read,Today,Away,Pref) is 5D5B
sweet, thanks for the tip :) that gets me one step closer to all background colors changed :)

fyi, i noticed that it changes the bg of the stock ticker as well if you have it showing...so anybody who uses the stock ticker can have that changed now as well :)
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

What is the offset for idle? Anyone?
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

ive been searching for it the past couple hours with no luck...

the EASIEST way to find any colors would be if we could find a way to do a "reverse hex color lookup"...i took a screenie of my buddy list and cropped out an idle buddy and I've been searching through buddyui for a somewhat gray hex code that matches...if only there was a website or program that would allow me to paste the bitmap and it would tell me what the hex code is then it's a piece of cake.

if only we could get something like that, then ALL our color searching needs would be answered...i checked google and ask jeeves and i've had no luck finding such a thing

EDIT:
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

sweet! i found a little program that does the job...
http://windowsutilities.com/colorpix.html

the hex color code it displayed was- ACA899

only problem is, the color wasn't in buddyui.ocm :/ :/ :/
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i tried that... with photoshop and a rgb -> hex converter on sum site. didnt work, the font color for the idle is different depending on the background (i tried against black and green). i gave up, ill try again later
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

yeah i suspected it might be one of those AIM auto change things, like in the profile when trying to put white text on a white background or black text on a black background...which now gives me an idea since MikeZed brought to my attention that AIM doesn't use 000000 for black, how it uses 010101...maybe i should check the info.htm for colors and ill find our magical color in there;)
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

loox like Jedi doesnt have to do his homework!

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?p=36625
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

J3utton wrote:in aim 5.2.3139 I found out that the hex location for the back groung color of the bottom menu (Read,Today,Away,Pref) is 5D5B
Update on this-
It changes all that, but also, if you look at this picture, it also changes the background color of your away message notification on your buddy list as well as a border color of the place that says "so-and-so's buddy list:" up above your buddy list. It's kinda hard to see but look closely and it's there. It's more easily seen when an away message isn't on, so I'm throwing up a pic of that too.

Image Image
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Okay, and lets review...All hex offsets are here, do NOT post another reply asking, we do not know any others as of yet.

Buddylist Background Color - 38A8
Buddy Color - 3846
Highlight Color - 385A
Mouse-Over Background Color - 38E0

Note: These codes are for the AIM versions 5.2.3255, and 5.2.3277, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Don't forget the 5D5B offset that is mentioned above...

I can verify that all four hex offsets you listed are 100% compatible with 5.2.3139. Also throw in that the first (to function) must have Bitmap resource 273 deleted from AimRes.dll.

EDIT:
also thought i'd throw up my text document that i've been adding to each time i change or find something worth my time when editing any AIM files...so far i have things listed for aimres.dll and our current hex offsets in buddui.ocm.
http://jon8rfc.homeip.net/howto.txt
SNiiP3R
Addict
Addict

Post by SNiiP3R »

Edited:

AIM 4.8 2790

This is what I've found so far:

BuddyList Highlight color = F444
ScreenName(s) color = F433
Hover pop-up color = F4BD

I'm still looking for:

BuddyList bg color = xxxx

:|
Socket Scientist
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Well i just searched in buddyui.ocm for the "mouse over screen name pop up window" text color from about 3pm to now, about 9pm and i decided to call it a night once i hit 9xxx. I changed all 000000 's i found to FFFFFF and not one of them worked to change the text color. So to make it clear, any offset with the hex code 000000 before offset 9049 does not contain the text color for the mouse over pop up. Maybe if I feel in the mood tomorrow I'll go at again.

The thing that makes it so hard for me is that certain hex changes will crash AIM, so I have to do it about 5 or 6 offsets at a time. When it crashes, I have to find the one(s) that make it crash then change the others back and load AIM up again. Also gets annoying because I have to use 8 different screen names because you can only sign on with a screen name so many times in a given time limit :/

Anybody else have any luck finding that text color offset?