DeadAIM 4.0 released!

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Chinchilla! wrote:What model mac(s) are you packin and what are the specs?
Mac Classic II
16 MHz Motorola 68030
4MB RAM
70MB HDD
Macintosh System 7.1

Macintosh Performa 6320CD
120 MHz PowerPC 603e
64MB RAM
1.2 GB HDD
Mac OS 8.5

Apple iBook
700 MHz PowerPC G3
256MB RAM
20 GB HDD
Mac OS X 10.2.6
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

is it just me or are the DeadAIM forums down.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

Timelessblur wrote:is it just me or are the DeadAIM forums down.
Yep ther're down
BigHead
~2592~
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

yeahh i wouldnt know if they are down b/c im banned and i havent even posted on their forums in a while to get banned
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1114 The table 'phpbb_sessions' is full

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in) VALUES ('8a660b34c8b9bd65e7396cc7f4587692', -1, 1056682827, 1056682827, '182f5c66', 0, 0)

Line : 152
File : /home/www/jdennis/html/forums/includes/sessions.php
Matt

Post by Matt »

LMAO!

....they either disabled clearing of it or had too many ppl on the site for phpbb or their server to handle...either way, its an easy fix whenever they get around to it...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Just making sure. I would of laugh pretty hard if they tryed to banned me by IP address since they would have to ban everyone with 66.***.*.* Minds you I have done nouthing worth banning
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Timelessblur wrote:Just making sure. I would of laugh pretty hard if they tryed to banned me by IP address since they would have to ban everyone with 66.***.*.* Minds you I have done nouthing worth banning
That would include me... :x
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I find it very hard to believe that they had so many people on their site that they topped phpbb.com let alone a bigger phpbb site...

Their server just sucks I'm sure...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I firgure it time to get this thread back on track so I post my review of DeadAIM 4.0. I have had time to test it out and see what it like. Over all it a ok program with some nice feature in it. yes it does work with aim 5.x. I have not tested it on the lastest beta nor do i plan 2.

First the things I dont like about the program

--You can not run AIM like normal AIM once you installed it (A feature I like about AIM+ and the fact that my brother Hates addons so he been unistalling deadAIM a lot cause me to reinstall it)
--The history logger is pretty crappy I think. I like AIM+ realtime history logger. Also how I dont like the view either. It not a clean or oginzaded as AIM+
---The program still has it bugs
--The message while you are away over all is a crappy and worthless feature because time some IMs they get you aways message if you try to talk back though it. which make it worthless in my book
---the buddy renaming only works on you buddy list so it does not help you in IM convos if you did it so I ended up turning it off..

What I did like
--The tab windows is a pretty nice feature
--the removal of adds I do like.
--it does have a history logger so it better than nouthing.
--- it can clone

Over all it a ok replacement for AIM+ if you are forced to upgrauded 5.x (my brother is now upgrauding to aim 5.x everytime I downgraud to 4.8 so I given up fighitng him on it) but it is not worth paying for since you can download other programs that do the same thing in the end. Even if you could not find all the replacement programs I still say it not worth paying for.

(master jedi history logger, AIM+, and goodAIM)
aaii
Addict
Addict

Post by aaii »

Timelessblur wrote:I firgure it time to get this thread back on track so I post my review of DeadAIM 4.0. I have had time to test it out and see what it like. Over all it a ok program with some nice feature in it. yes it does work with aim 5.x. I have not tested it on the lastest beta nor do i plan 2.

First the things I dont like about the program

--You can not run AIM like normal AIM once you installed it (A feature I like about AIM+ and the fact that my brother Hates addons so he been unistalling deadAIM a lot cause me to reinstall it)
--The history logger is pretty crappy I think. I like AIM+ realtime history logger. Also how I dont like the view either. It not a clean or oginzaded as AIM+
---The program still has it bugs
--The message while you are away over all is a crappy and worthless feature because time some IMs they get you aways message if you try to talk back though it. which make it worthless in my book
---the buddy renaming only works on you buddy list so it does not help you in IM convos if you did it so I ended up turning it off..

What I did like
--The tab windows is a pretty nice feature
--the removal of adds I do like.
--it does have a history logger so it better than nouthing.
--- it can clone

Over all it a ok replacement for AIM+ if you are forced to upgrauded 5.x (my brother is now upgrauding to aim 5.x everytime I downgraud to 4.8 so I given up fighitng him on it) but it is not worth paying for since you can download other programs that do the same thing in the end. Even if you could not find all the replacement programs I still say it not worth paying for.

(master jedi history logger, AIM+, and goodAIM)
Opinionated reviews like this make me laugh. If you want to use a mish-mash of unintegrated applications to do a half ass job of one program that's fine.
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

I had to enter the email/key every time I cloned. So I downgraded to DeadAIM3.2. Damn a waste of $5. O well. And for some odd reason DeadAIM stoped working on my screenname. The adds where not there. But the History logger was not working. So BLAH to DeadAIM4. I'm using Xp with 2 accounts.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

it a ok program. Over all I still say it pretty crummy the more I use it.
(and who said I paid 5 bucks to test it out)

As soon as I can I going to go back to aim 4.8 since AIM+ is still a lot better than DeadAIM. I just have to get my brother to agree on something and that what we will be doing.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

You Could Make A Limited Account for your Brother and An Administrator Acconut for You, So He Can't install software... :wink:
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

aaii wrote:Opinionated reviews like this make me laugh. If you want to use a mish-mash of unintegrated applications to do a half ass job of one program that's fine.
Nothing better than criticizing an opinionated review with another opinionated review :roll:
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?