Good pop up blocker

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Good pop up blocker

Post by Timelessblur »

I know it been ask before but my computer is have some serers problems with pop ups. I ran adaware to try to help but some how there was or is a program just thougihg in pop up after pop up up. (I left for a few hours today and I had 25 pop up. They are not coming up as IE windows they are coming up as folders (I think they are all stored web pages which I just deleted). Either way it getting out of hand. Also I got stuck with some stupid consio game on my computer that I can not uninstall and most of the stuff traces back to there. (like it a web short cut) Hell I had to redown load one Adaware becaise on of the stupid spywhere uninstalled it........(yeah I have been having a bad day)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Hey I found a pop up blocker that pretty nice. It from you guess it google. It is there part of there IE toolbar add-on and it is the beta verson is what has it in it but it is a pop up blocker. so my endless pop up problem is mostly solved. I learned about it in the paper today reading silverman (which happen to be the same play I learned bout AIM+). Also today he said something about deadAIM but he did nto seem give them as much praise as he did when he talk about AIM+ about last year. (He did stated the part about AIM+ is not in deloment any more and deadAIM is a good replacement program for it that is still in delovoment).

Sorry I dont have the link to the download since I had trouble finding it my self. I just ran a few searchs on google to find it. I recomend you all check out the google tool bar add on it great.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

My personal favorite. Sits in your systray. Allows absolutely NO popups, even if you want to open a new window. Annoying at times, but you can click on it once to deactivate it, and re-click to re-activate, try it out.
Attachments
killpopup.zip
(13.35 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Sure Sweeney your program is good... But it's not the best. It has one major flaw... It doesn't stop scripts...

I recomend http://www.adshield.org instead. The only thing is make sure you get the free version and don't attempt to download the pay one ;). This program has saved more then once when Kill Ad just couldn't do it (and their webpage is annoying... Don't try to sell me with pop ups that spawn on them selfs... After all... I don't have the darn program when I visit the site...).

However when you go to a site you know doesn't have ads I suggest right clicking on the page and "Add to Exclude List", and add the domain... That way legit pop ups (like "you have a PM") can still get through.

It does slow down the right click menu, but I doubt you would see any change on a system faster then 300 Mhz.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
RansomedCaptive

Post by RansomedCaptive »

i've never really used a pop-up blocker until now. since downloading the new beta version of the Google Toolbar, i've been using the one built into it. granted i dont have anything to really compare it to, but i've been really satisfied with it!! :D

..ok, i'm done.
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

I did not know the google tool bar had a pop up blocker in it. Has anyone else used it? I'm using the built into avant (IE Plug-In)
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

RansomedCaptive wrote:i've never really used a pop-up blocker until now. since downloading the new beta version of the Google Toolbar, i've been using the one built into it. granted i dont have anything to really compare it to, but i've been really satisfied with it!! :D

..ok, i'm done.
I'm using the Google toolbar 1.1.70 -- What version is it at now?!
My version doesn't have a PopUp blocker ..

<runs to download the latest version! >
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

BigHead
~2592~
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Already found it :D
RansomedCaptive

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
RansomedCaptive wrote:i've never really used a pop-up blocker until now. since downloading the new beta version of the Google Toolbar, i've been using the one built into it. granted i dont have anything to really compare it to, but i've been really satisfied with it!! :D

..ok, i'm done.
I'm using the Google toolbar 1.1.70 -- What version is it at now?!
My version doesn't have a PopUp blocker ..

<runs to download the latest version! >
the old one had a supposed blocking function. it was located under the experimental options. basically, it said it disabled the "onload" option. i tried it and never found it to work. i don't know how verbose the new one is, but like i said, i havent had a pop up yet.
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

Did anyone read this?
Choose Your Configuration
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
IT'S NOT THE USUAL YADA YADA
By using the Advanced Features version of the Google Toolbar, you may be sending information about the sites you visit to Google. This is needed to make services like PageRank™, and other features that update automatically, available to you.

PageRank is our unique measure of a page's quality, based in part on the number of links pointing to a page. Knowing a site's PageRank can indicate if it's what it appears to be. For example, if an online news site has a high PageRank, you'll know that others on the web consider it a credible source worth linking to.

In order to show you more information about a site, the Google Toolbar has to tell us what site you're visiting, which it does by sending us the URL. This does not tell us who YOU are (your name or email address), but it does tell us that a user has requested the PageRank for a given site. Google will not sell or provide personally identifiable information to any third parties. To learn more about the privacy protections we have built into this system, read our Toolbar privacy policy.

Automatic sending of information about URLs you visit is disabled when the PageRank display is not present on the Google Toolbar. We encourage you to try our fully enabled version as it offers several powerful tools. If you change your mind later, simply access the privacy information page accessible from the Google dropdown menu to turn off advanced features.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i knew bout the popup blocker for a long time. v 1.1.70 has it. but it only blocks popups on the "onUnload" js event. meaning not popups that u c when u go to pages but popups that come up when u leave the page (like those damn popups that come up when i close ie after seeing sum warez sites). it blocks those. Experimential features are near the bottom of the toolbar options
Experimental Features
For the adventurous Toolbar user, a number of experimental features are also available
RansomedCaptive

Robpol86 wrote:i knew bout the popup blocker for a long time. v 1.1.70 has it. but it only blocks popups on the "onUnload" js event. meaning not popups that u c when u go to pages but popups that come up when u leave the page (like those damn popups that come up when i close ie after seeing sum warez sites). it blocks those. Experimential features are near the bottom of the toolbar options
Experimental Features
For the adventurous Toolbar user, a number of experimental features are also available
didnt i point that out 3 posts up? :roll: :wink:
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

insomica wrote:Did anyone read this?
Choose Your Configuration
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
IT'S NOT THE USUAL YADA YADA
By using the Advanced Features version of the Google Toolbar, you may be sending information about the sites you visit to Google. This is needed to make services like PageRank™, and other features that update automatically, available to you.

PageRank is our unique measure of a page's quality, based in part on the number of links pointing to a page. Knowing a site's PageRank can indicate if it's what it appears to be. For example, if an online news site has a high PageRank, you'll know that others on the web consider it a credible source worth linking to.

In order to show you more information about a site, the Google Toolbar has to tell us what site you're visiting, which it does by sending us the URL. This does not tell us who YOU are (your name or email address), but it does tell us that a user has requested the PageRank for a given site. Google will not sell or provide personally identifiable information to any third parties. To learn more about the privacy protections we have built into this system, read our Toolbar privacy policy.

Automatic sending of information about URLs you visit is disabled when the PageRank display is not present on the Google Toolbar. We encourage you to try our fully enabled version as it offers several powerful tools. If you change your mind later, simply access the privacy information page accessible from the Google dropdown menu to turn off advanced features.
so if everyone went to www.goatse.cx it would get a good PageRanking?
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?