history display options

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

sabotaaage

history display options

Post by sabotaaage »

instead of having the history arranged by people, there should be a choice on how it shoudl be arranged, ie by day, because sometimes id like to see who i was talking to on what day.
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

awesome request!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I long for this feature, as well. In case anybody wanted my two cents. ;)

Seriously, though - my ideal solution for this is fairly complex to implement, but would let you actually sort ALL the messages by date. I could probably come up with an intermediate solution simply sort log files (days) by date, which is what you're suggesting, but I think I'll probably just go straight for the big solution - especially since in the process I should be able to implment other very handy features, like a global history search.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
nirvana

lists rather than dropdown menus

Post by nirvana »

anyway,
the history viewer would be MUCH better if it had a buddy "list" to scroll through, rather than a pull down menu. it might look sort of like a nick list in mirc. it would be easier/faster to find the name you are looking for.
also, it might be nice if logs of the first person on the list didnt show up every time you opened the history viewer.
ITALY69

exactly

Post by ITALY69 »

ryan hit it right on the nose...i dunno if ne1 said this but mabe being able to sort by how many times/how often you talk with a SN...and yea being able to sort ALL ims by date...not just an sn
Just cause your not italian doesnt mean ur useless...well not completley at least
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Great request, this would really come in handy for me. Having it sorted by days and times etc would be really nice. I know what a headache it'll be to implement but after it's done it'll be real nice :)
:D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I agree... in case you wanted my 2 cents :wink:

Add this feature.. or else :roll:
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I posted a replacement for AIM+'s history viewer and it DOES sort by date. It also has a simple search function. It will search for log files, but it won't search within them. I've found it to be really slow in VB. Anyway, you can get it here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/download.php?id=19

Just rename the old history viewer and unzip it to your AIM+ folder.
CarpeDiem601
Just Registered
Just Registered

Log by Screenname

Post by CarpeDiem601 »

A cool idea would be able to able/disable logging for different screennames on the same machine! Because I dont want to know what my mom talks about when she is using AIM!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i think it would be nice to save some on the conversations you wanted and then delete everything else....i know you can do it but you have to go into the history viewer and everything....so i think that would be nice
tone