Gay marriages?

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i know, but thats not my point, the point is that i BELIEVE its wrong, isnt that the topic in here?

and btw, the word marriage derrived from God. u dont have to believe anything to know that
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I thought it was a question of what it is rather then what you think it is.

And what does it matter where a word came from? Should we as Americans that speak English stop using words that were created because of Latin (Since it's not a English word)?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Gay marriages?

Post by Robpol86 »

Axilla wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/18/gay.marriage.reut/

What do you all think on the topic?

I think calling it marriage is wrong, Vermont's "same sex civil union" is good.

[more]
i dont get it, im not removing a meaning/word, im talking about keeping the meaning. its like most of the eng lang. we didnt change it....
Last edited by Robpol86 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Phase I didn't know you meant two dogs...but since the thought of a man marrying his dog seems to disgust you, why is this any different than a man marrying another man?

Also, Timeless, in 1996, then-president Clinton passed something (a bill, a law, im not exactly sure) that said that if a state decided to make gay unions considered legal marriages, that other states didn't have to honor it.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

That's exactly what I'm saying.
Axilla wrote:Phase I didn't know you meant two dogs...but since the thought of a man marrying his dog seems to disgust you, why is this any different than a man marrying another man?

Also, Timeless, in 1996, then-president Clinton passed something (a bill, a law, im not exactly sure) that said that if a state decided to make gay unions considered legal marriages, that other states didn't have to honor it.
First - I'm not gay... I also wouldn't marry a dog... I would think a person that married a dog is a idiot, but hey... What ever makes you happy.

Second - It does not matter if other states honor it. It's still a fact. Saying you don't have to honor something means it in fact does exist.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

PhaseDMA wrote:I would think a person that married a dog is a idiot
Which is what many people think about a man who would marry another man. So why should gay marriage be legal, and not man-dog marriage?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The United States was founded on the freedom of its citizens. It is also believe by the United States that State and Church are not to be connected. To make a law against this would be connecting the two.

For the United States to make a law against this would be to take away a basic freedom of its citizens... Choice...

Other Contries think that Gays have the right to marry... Places like Germany. Now I don't know of a Country that is more controlling of its citizens (yet not in such a high regard as a Country such as China) as Germany... What does it say that the US does not endose it, yet Germany all out protects their citizens right to this choice? It tells me that the United States is behind in something that will change the history of not only this Country but this World (in whatever way).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Everyone has the freedom of choice.

Two men or two women can choose to be together in a civil union. This is not marriage.

Phase, you still haven't answered me. If it would be okay for a man to marry a man, why would it not be okay for a man to marry his dog, or a man to marry his brother?
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

Marriage is not 100 equal to civil union. it has ALOT of differences. it doesnt matter about the past. the point is, a marriage IS A UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAIN UNDER GOD. thats the true definition of marriage. politics and the media altered it, just like the word hacker. getting "married" in the court isnt true marriage, only a business proposal
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Rob - I assure you there are churches that will marry gays under god. I have seen it happen in person.

Sorry Axilla I heavily edited my post (decided to actually have something to back up my post). I never said that a dog and a person should get married or could (although there are no laws against it). I said a dog and a dog....

Actually I did answer you - It would be stupid (IMO) but where am I to decide how a person should live their lifes? Who are you for that matter?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

First, Rob, enough with your god talk. That's just ridiculous.

Phase- I'm not saying what people should do with their lives. I think a gay civil union is fine. My problem is calling it marriage, because its not.

You disagreed with that, so I ask once again, if a man marrying a man can be considered marriage, why can't a man and a dog (and there ARE laws against beastiality), or a man and his brother?

"I would think a person that married a dog is a idiot"
"It would be stupid (IMO) but where am I to decide how a person should live their lifes?"
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh... So if you want to marry a man (or even get into a civil union) you have just become a dog??

This is quite intresting. Can you give me some infomation about this?

...See I can twist your words too...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

When the hell did a "discussion" about the marriage (or civil union) of gays become a fucking argument. Just shut the hell up and stop bickering like a bunch of 12 year olds.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

PhaseDMA wrote:Oh... So if you want to marry a man (or even get into a civil union) you have just become a dog??

This is quite intresting. Can you give me some infomation about this?

...See I can twist your words too...
What are you talking about? I'm not twisting your words.

You said that a man and a man getting married should be called marriage.

I'm saying...if two men, lets say Rob and Bob get married and call it marriage, what reason would you have for a man, lets call him Steve, marrying his dog Rover, and also call it marriage?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Your questions are pointless, but if you want a dog to marry a man thats fine. I never said there should be a law against it. I simply said it would be stupid IMO.

And yes, you are twisting my words.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ