User Logon/Logoff Logging

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

User Logon/Logoff Logging

Post by Guest »

I would like to see a feature that logs buddy list user's actions: such as sign off, sign on, and away status. :)
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Now, I'm not yet certain if this is even possible yet - but it is becomign a popular feature-request, so I'd like to get a better feel for what everyone's looking for.

Would it be enough to simply maintain the last few status changes (and11 times they occurred) for each user, or do you really want a log of every single status change for each user?

I'm thinking that this is certainly too much information to put in the history, it would clutter it up (for many users on my list, anyway) beyond readability..

If you've got ideas on how you'd like to see this implemented, throw them out..

-Ryan K. Evans
Big-O Software

RE:

Post by Guest »

Yeah. I like the idea of the status log only keeping track of th e last 20 (or so) times a user signed on or off...or maybe a user specified amount that defaults at 20. The file could be in the history location of the application under the user's screen name in a catagory called [Sign On / Off] or something... Hope to see the feature implemented :)
SupraX
Just Registered
Just Registered

Seperate log

Post by SupraX »

Possibly you could have a seperate log for the user actions. This would be usefull if you dont use the log feature with AIM+.....

User Logging

Post by Guest »

This would be a great feature, probably need to be able to pick the users that you want to keep track of their on's and off's and how many days you want to keep it for. :roll:
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Here's a low-tech temporary solution ... if you could get a chat window open with the buddy you want to track when you catch them online, it will keep track of him signing on/off in your AIM+ history automatically. No good for away messages and other goodies.
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

AIM 4.4.. ill upload it and post a link here.. AIM4.4 has logging built in.. was only released as alpha..
grimreap

Re

Post by grimreap »

It would be great to have a seperate kind of log just for sign on's and off's... I mean what if you haven't talked to a friend of yours in a long time and you are wondering when the last time they were on AIM was at... then you could just check the log and you would know if you were just missing them or what... I frankly don't care about away message changes or away status...
GigaRoc
Addict
Addict

Post by GigaRoc »

I would like a clearable log
I can sing on and off AIM about once ever five min, some people are just as ficle as me
SAVE ME GOD - disturbed

Post by Guest »

It would be neat if it logged when buddies when on and off. For my final AP Computer Sci project I was thinking of doing this and compiling it into a graph.
mustang_man

Buddy List Logging

Post by mustang_man »

I would really like to see a buddy list logging feature also. I've tried TPA Software's version of their AIM enhanced program which includes logging of your buddies on & off but I didnt care for the other features. AIM + looks real nice and adding this feaure would only make it better. Any chance of this being added? plz :) Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I would like to see a seprate log for tracking buddies status. Plus I don't think the log would be hogging disk space, and most text editors have a find command. I would rather have a compiled log instead of individual log of each buddy, maybe that could be an option.

Post by Guest »

How about this.... a log for people who havent logged on in a while, so you can clear your buddy list of those old screennames that nobody gets on. This would be a helpful feature for me because i have a large section of my buddy list that are people from school, but they aren't my friends and i don't talk to them. I just like to have them on there so i can check their info and see what is happening in school. I'm sure i have a lot of old screennames that people don't use anymore clogging up my buddy list. (I know ICQ has a feature like this, it will ask you to send a message to buddies that haven't logged on in a while)
bob the dog

Post by bob the dog »

It would be neat if you could log specific users, in the way that you can have AIM alert you when a specific user logs on or comes back from idle or away.
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

i think it would be very useful if it could record and tell you what day(s) of the week they were on most, and what hours of the day