help with the history viewer

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

bÜster

help with the history viewer

Post by bÜster »

when i try to open the aim+ history viewer it has 2 alert massages that come up and one says "error launching the AIM+ history viewer. please re-install AIM+" and the other says "The AIM+ history viewer.exe file is linked to missing export MFC42.DLL:6880."

i have tried reinstalling and it work on the new version too. do you know how i can fix this? thanks
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

It could be that you're missing the MFC components needed to run the History Viewer. Though it seems unlikely, since so many programs require these, and any operating system newer than Windows 95 (windows 98, me, 2000, xp) should already have them installed.

However, it's probably worth a shot to install the MFC components, they are ~1.75MB.

From the AIM+ FAQ:
Q. When I try to start the AIM+ History Viewer, I get an error! Something about 'MFC42.DLL'..

A. You need to update some of your system components. You can download an update utility from Microsoft here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... up_enu.exe
-Ryan
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

do you know how i can install the MFC components?
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

To install the MFC components required for the AIM+ History Viewer, all you need to do is follow the link in the above post, and then download and run the executable file.
-Mark
Big-O Software
bryan_p

updated....

Post by bryan_p »

hey i updated the files with the link you provided and still no luck. i get the same error