When Idle, Automatically Become Away

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Matt

When Idle, Automatically Become Away

Post by Matt »

I have a good idea...and it doesnt involve the "auto idle" thing in the prefs...

how about, after a set amount of time, like 5 min of inactivity on your comp, there be an auto-away message of your choice come up so that if you leave the room for a sec and people are like...why hasnt he responded, it will automatically put the away msg up. This is also useful if you turn on your comp and aim automatically starts and you arent near the comp. to put on a away msg.

I think its rather easy to create (locally), but I am not sure how, as I am not a very good programer. Like, make a batch file and after x min of inactivity, it auto opens an away msg or something using the [aim:goaway?msg= tag] (i think that right) or something to taht effect...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
whosurdaddy

Post by whosurdaddy »

theres the option to make an 'idle message' that auto-responds when you go idle, and it pretty much does the same thing except the 'away message' box doesnt come up, i dunno if thats what you wanted to do
Matt

Post by Matt »

yea...like i said in my previos post (at least i thought i tried to), i dont want the idle thing b/c that really doesnt mean anything..at least for the first 20 min or however long it takes to determine if your idle. i want the little scroll thing next to my name so people know im away...not just idle...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
whosurdaddy

Post by whosurdaddy »

i see what you mean, it is a good idea
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

KooLTaB101 wrote:i dont want the idle thing b/c that really doesnt mean anything..at least for the first 20 min or however long it takes to determine if your idle.
After 10 minutes, AIM starts displaying how long you have been idle.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Michael wrote:After 10 minutes, AIM starts displaying how long you have been idle.
5 minutes.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Axilla wrote:5 minutes.
You sure about that? I've only seen users go idle at 10 or more. Do you have a screenshot?
Matt

Post by Matt »

i think its 10 when it says it if you put the mouse over and 20 to show 'grey' up on the bl....but this is besides the point...i wanted an away msg to come up after inactivity instead of the 'idle grey' to show up. people will im me even if im idle and get annoyed at me...but the away msg tells them im away...(i have some wacky friends)
-Matt
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

i brought this request up before too. but it got moved somewhere in the forums or deleted. i unno.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

cant u change it in the settings to whatever time u want?
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Robpol86 wrote:cant u change it in the settings to whatever time u want?
Yes, but there is a minimum, which I think is 10 (that's for greying out on the buddy list; mouseovers always show from 10, no matter what option is set in Preferences).
Matt

Post by Matt »

Michael wrote:
Robpol86 wrote:cant u change it in the settings to whatever time u want?
Yes, but there is a minimum, which I think is 10 (that's for greying out on the buddy list; mouseovers always show from 10, no matter what option is set in Preferences).
i would like to whatever time you want...and, its 10 IF you have the option in the prefs to show people how long you've been idle. if you uncheck that, then it wont show you anything...but then again, most of the people that would use this feature would prolly have that checked...
-Matt