The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Marth and Roy

Post by Marth and Roy »

Also i read something sumone said about they cant wait until next year when 3.0 comes out or sumthing like that and i havent read all the post but did Mark or Ryan say it was going to be put out next year?
D-D-Di-Did I-I-I St-St-Studder?.
Hoked on Fonics worcks for I!!!
Marth and Roy
voltron

Post by voltron »

SparkleSatine wrote:Anyone know GAIM that wants to answer my questions?
tools -> protocol options -> set user info
voltron

Post by voltron »

SparkleSatine wrote:
btvillarin wrote:Have you tried Trillian? It's really not that bad. GAIM is basically still beta, so it's not surprising that it'd crash a bit.
My problem with GAIM is that it's corrupting files (so windows says)...

LIBGDK-WIn32-2.0-02.dll was a file that it said it corrupted and then GAIM crashed.
so redownload it from another source site.
voltron

Post by voltron »

still no word on opensourcing.
mustang0o06

Post by mustang0o06 »

Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I noticed that Mark said that they were pretty sure about who committed these attacks. If you know who it is, can't you just do somthing about it? Or is it not possible for some reason? :sad:
You can't be the Champion unless you beat the Champion.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Even if they do know who did it, it takes time to do things. Maybe they are taking legal action and was advised to stop making AIM+ for the time being...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
mustang0o06

Post by mustang0o06 »

Hopefully :) , that would be the wise decision. Something needs to be done to the people that feel it is "cool" to ruin things for other people. Could the term "JEALOUSY" be used to describe these people???
You can't be the Champion unless you beat the Champion.
flanders_03
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by flanders_03 »

Just make a site so members have to sign in to download AIM+ and kick the people off that are causing the problems. Just a thought
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

voltron wrote:
SparkleSatine wrote:
btvillarin wrote:Have you tried Trillian? It's really not that bad. GAIM is basically still beta, so it's not surprising that it'd crash a bit.
My problem with GAIM is that it's corrupting files (so windows says)...

LIBGDK-WIn32-2.0-02.dll was a file that it said it corrupted and then GAIM crashed.
so redownload it from another source site.
I've redownloaded it several times...I talked to the developer and he's working on it for me. But thanks, guys!
~Kate~
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

voltron wrote:still no word on opensourcing.
Guys, this is pretty obvious at this point.

Big-O is NOT releasing aim+ 3.0, open source or otherwise.

They've said they don't want to do this SEVERAL times. So there is word, just not the word you want to hear.
~Kate~
Davegeta
Just Registered
Just Registered

>(

Post by Davegeta »

Okay, so I didn't read this all.
But here is my Synopsis:

Some of you people are ******* ingrateful. Period. Seriously, you're crying and moaning about something that didn't come out on the date promised. Who gives a flying fudge? I mean, Jesus Christ, these people obviously, as stated awhile ago, don't have ALOT of freetime, and when they do, it's in YOUR best interest. For the future or instant messaging. I may just be a effin' Newbie, but I don't care. I love AIM+, I only lurked on the Forums. I've come to the realization that those of you who AREN'T greatfull for the FREE software you have gotten, should go eat an effin' large ****. I am aware some of you have Contributed money to the cause, and duely rewarded with you was AIM+ 2.2.1. So, if they finish AIM+ 3.0, or release it, if it's done, you have a new version. I for one wouldn't question their ethics as programmers. No one deserves the harassment that goes along with defying the system. And AIM+ is doing just that.
So all of you crying who haven't even Contributed, please, do us an effin' favor and shut up.

Mark, Ryan, good luck. I wouldn't let the opinions of other's (The retards who are against the Hiatus) get in your way, They have nothing better to do but cry and moan over spilled milk.

The retards: Get a Life, and further more, get over yourself. Compared to them programmers, you are nothing but insignificant retards.

Edit: Sorry, I don't know if they care about Swearing around the board.
Second Edit: Fixed my post x.x
Last edited by Davegeta on Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Okay, I'll keep away from this for now. If y'all got any new updates (aclauser) for me to post and format, please PM me so I can check it out. I'm gonna work on my site. :)

As for GAIM, although it hasn't crashed on me, a few things do bug me, like no cursor indicator when I can type in the text box of an IM. Weirdness with creating away messages (it doesn't show up until you close and open the Away message properties). Things like that. I'll stick with Trillian, I s'pose. It does what it's supposed to do.

I'll have a look in that mIRC channel later on...if someone can keep everything logged if/when Mark or Ryan chat, that'd be cool. I'll format it if someone sends it to me.

Later...

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin.com | My System Rig
AnyoneEB

Post by AnyoneEB »

flanders_03 wrote:Just make a site so members have to sign in to download AIM+ and kick the people off that are causing the problems. Just a thought
That's releasing AIM+, obvisiously the harressment had something to do with someone asking (appearently, pretty forcefully) that AIM+ 3 not be released at all.
flanders_03
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by flanders_03 »

Would you mind sending out an email whenever you finally decide to release AIM+ 3.0
barieuph
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by barieuph »

flanders_03 wrote:Would you mind sending out an email whenever you finally decide to release AIM+ 3.0
chances are they never will release it so dont get your hopes up