The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

mustang0o06

Post by mustang0o06 »

I didn't catch all of it, but if theres going to be a chat tonight, how can I view it?
You can't be the Champion unless you beat the Champion.
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

If there is one, I'll get my hands on a log so I can format it and post it like I did for the one last night. (See my sig)

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin.com | My System Rig
CButler147
Just Registered
Just Registered

Aim+

Post by CButler147 »

Good Luck with with future of Aim+...for those of you who have been awaiting aim+ with 5.0 support for now why don;t you just use Deadaim...it has all the same options as Aim+ with 5.0 support... http://www.jdennis.net ...
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Mark .. could you please make a seperate "locked" thread..with yours and especially Ryans comments. I saw a few of his comments on page 18? But now thread is up to 27 pages as of this writing.

I dont have the time nor the patience to sit and read through it all.. especially all the little comments of a few users..that just complain and beg for the new version to be released.
Last edited by fuuucckkers on Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I've been busy at work today, but when I'm home later tonight I'll try to just hang out on the forums.

I didn't realize that I was signing up for another chat earlier ( 8) ), but that sounds cool - Mark and I should both be able to show up tomorrow night for that. We'll talk to our moderators and each other, try to set something up for tomorrow, and let everyone know about it late tonight.

Also, the 'AIM Misc' forum will probably be re-opened ASAP.. I'm not sure what to do with the AIM+ forums -- but maybe we should make some more Off-Topic forums to keep us all entertained..

Seriously, thanks again for everyone who's had anything kind to say. I can't tell you how encouraging some of your remarks have been, and I sincerely appreciate them.

We've talked before about a mailing list, remind me if I forget, but I'll try to set something up tonight..

Some of the work that has been done to organize and distill the info from last night's chat (and this thread) has been truly impressive. :)

I know there was more that I meant to say.... but like I said, I'll be around more later tonight. Thanks again to those who've stuck around!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
border9
Addict
Addict

Post by border9 »

Big-O Ryan wrote:I've been busy at work today, but when I'm home later tonight I'll try to just hang out on the forums.

I didn't realize that I was signing up for another chat earlier ( 8) ), but that sounds cool - Mark and I should both be able to show up tomorrow night for that. We'll talk to our moderators and each other, try to set something up for tomorrow, and let everyone know about it late tonight.

Also, the 'AIM Misc' forum will probably be re-opened ASAP.. I'm not sure what to do with the AIM+ forums -- but maybe we should make some more Off-Topic forums to keep us all entertained..

Seriously, thanks again for everyone who's had anything kind to say. I can't tell you how encouraging some of your remarks have been, and I sincerely appreciate them.

We've talked before about a mailing list, remind me if I forget, but I'll try to set something up tonight..

Some of the work that has been done to organize and distill the info from last night's chat (and this thread) has been truly impressive. :)

I know there was more that I meant to say.... but like I said, I'll be around more later tonight. Thanks again to those who've stuck around!
Ryan, i have a channel set up on a trusted server, if you would like to use it there are about 15 users on it right now from this forum. Please look into using it, its more stable, and alot more people can be on it with no one person being left out, i have it all set up with the IRCOPs of that network to let you do whatever you wish.

please post me back
Welcome to my w0rld :P
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Why don't you just sell the source to AOL and have them add it and make yourselves some money? Or sell it to someone that'll release it. hell, i'll buy the source to give to someone else if it'll just get released. i still don't get how you can deal with the "harassment" all the way up until the release date then all the sudden it bothers you enough to not release it. Sounds like excuses to me, but whatever. I'm using MyIM now on AIM 4.8 so it doesn't matter much. All i want is to replace aim sn's on my bl's/im's with real names..
www.cocky-jeremy.net - The Cockiest Place On The Net
darkprince

Post by darkprince »

First, i would like to extend my apologies if i had done anything to upset you two, Mark and Ryan. I kept reading up on the boards and only posted when i thought someone was being dumb (never attacking them however) or if i had a question/feature request.
Secondly, I would also like to apologize for all the crap you've been getting from anybody and everybody regarding AIM+3.0 being postponed/canceled. It was your decision to begin with to release the first version of AIM+ and upgrade every-so-often and i know at least i am very appreciative to have at least the AIM+2.2.1. as should everyone else be...but thats just my personal opinion.
Thirdly, as many people have said they would have done, i was going to make a donation to Big-O after the release of AIM+3.0 and after X-mas. (x-mas shopping permitting...hehehe) I still plan on making a donation after x-mas because i absolutely love AIM+.
Fourthly (is that a word?), you guys are doing a great job!
Fifthly, i wanted to wish you two, Mark and Ryan, a very happy holiday season.
Finally, to anyone that would think this post to be anything but a praise post, i dont care what you think. i know that i am very appreciative of AIM+ and i feel this is the only way to express to Big-O what a great job they've been doing and that they are doing.
ok, second finally, happy holidays to all of you on these boards!
-DarkPrince
IM: the1darkprnce
In the minds of his friends and foes alike, he was an incredible person whose mere presence could be overpowering. He was a master at playing the press; he also perfected the art of playing on people's fears.
-DarkPrince
pdykstra600
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by pdykstra600 »

i would be happy if you could simply fix the history logging feature in the current version AIM+ so that it works right with Aim 5, they way it is now you can realy only log stats on your computer from one user account on your computer and it causes problems when you have more than 1 account. Its also a pain having ot go through my computer to access them since the history viewer cant read it properly.
blamecanada
Just Registered
Just Registered

seems hyped...

Post by blamecanada »

Wait...so does that mean if I pressured you with personal threats then you would give me a pony? See the idea is not to give in to assholes that would do something like that or else they'll just want more. Look at Hitler.
Marth and Roy

Post by Marth and Roy »

Whats MyIM? and does anyone know how to get DeadAIM to clone...i dont really need it sincei have AIM+ but i was just wondierng
D-D-Di-Did I-I-I St-St-Studder?.
Hoked on Fonics worcks for I!!!
Marth and Roy
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

Marth and Roy wrote:does anyone know how to get DeadAIM to clone...i dont really need it sincei have AIM+ but i was just wondierng
Yes, on your buddy list click My AIM==>Edit DeadAIM Options==>Clone AIM
titans1127
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by titans1127 »

ZildjianB wrote:
Marth and Roy wrote:does anyone know how to get DeadAIM to clone...i dont really need it sincei have AIM+ but i was just wondierng
I have that option but it is grayed out so i cant use it so what can i do?
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

Just a quick question, if i switch to DeadAIM, will it be easy to switch back to AIM+ 3.0 when (if ever) it comes out?
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

titans1127 wrote:
ZildjianB wrote:
I have that option but it is grayed out so i cant use it so what can i do?
OK, this is getting a little off topic, but I would check out the DeadAIM FAQ or forums at http://www.jdennis.net. FYI I am using AIM 5.1.3036, DeadAIM 3.0, and Windows XP Pro.