Chat -- 12/17/02 @ 10pm EST

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

jester22c

Chat -- 12/17/02 @ 10pm EST

Post by jester22c »

At 10pm EST we are planning on holding another chat session, this time hopefully to be hosted here on the site.

We are still working out a few details and we will post back in this thread to notify you of any changes and provide more info later.
:D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Hosted on the site? :-/ like a chat applet? (I guess)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Hey Jester... how is that even possible? You can't hold a "realtime" chat session with a phpbb can you??

Maybe your talking about the IRC chat again.. ?
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Jester,

I'm also interested in how this is going to work logistically. Is the "chat" going to take place on this forum as the post seems to infer to:
jester22c wrote:hopefully to be hosted here on the site.
If so, is there anything special we need to do in order to "participate"? Or do we just show up and be ready to hold a civil dialogue?

Ray
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

harra wrote: If so, is there anything special we need to do in order to "participate"? Or do we just show up and be ready to hold a civil dialogue?
Ray
Just show up and be prepared to read a lot of questions and answers :). If you have any questions you would like to personally ask, just have them in mind as the chat nears so you can fire them off for us to answer.
-Mark
Big-O Software
mrcbrown

Post by mrcbrown »

Whats the latest on the chat?

-CB
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

there are several means of hosting real-time chats on websites via java applications. they know what they're doing, just be ready to go
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

and no, my icon is NOT me
Cards

Post by Cards »

boo, I'll be watching the Real World :lol: (Yes, I'm a dork like that.) Anyway, can I assume there will be a log available of the whole thing afterward?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Mark and I will both be here at 10. I wouldn't exactly say we know what we're doing, though - we'll figure something out in the next hour.

And in case the web page does fall through (would anybody be surprised, at this point? 8) ), you can probably find out what's going on in the "Big O Chat" AIM chatroom (or 'Big O Chat 2' if that one's full, etc..).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Austin
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Austin »

hey, i can host up a moderated chat room on irc

i have a channel on gamesnet.net that has two irc bots one run by the network and personally ran one..that would allow us to just let the people that need to be talking talk..like ryan/mark...and let the one other person thats asking the question talk..and everyone else just gets to read and watch..that works the best...my uncle who started B.A.S.S. had a chat on AOL and thats how it worked...of course he didnt do the chat..they had a inbetween man that worked for AOL do the typing and he just talked to my uncle on the phone..anyways...if you guys wanna join our irc chat try

irc://east.gamesnet.net/prolly

or just join server: east.gamesnet.net channel: #prolly
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Sorry I didn't have more time in the chat tonight, if anybody cares -- when I scheduled it last night, I forgot all about my previous engagement for this evening.
-Ryan
Big-O Software