The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I dont know... The Big-O lawyers I hear get paid some major money... I think AOL is a little afraid lol
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Evil
Just Registered
Just Registered

Chill man

Post by Evil »

Chill peeps, if you just get over it then AIM+ will be back before you know it and all. So just shut up and be thankful that they even started on AIM+ :D so relax and lay back.
-Evil
OneBilzFan
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM+ 3.0

Post by OneBilzFan »

I am saddened to see people who could care less about another human being. I enjoy AIM+ for Aol Instant Messenger. And it's sad to see that people are so heartless and think only about themselves. Keep up the work on AIM+ 3.0 if you do continue to build on it. If you don't well then that's your choice to make. It's sad to see the world we live in today. :sad:
slickswanny

Post by slickswanny »

I have been browsing the boards lately and some people have said that Big-O released a statement that AOL was one of the people behind the attacks. I cannot find any evidence of you posting this so I didn't know if it was true. Any help here would be gratefully appreciated.
"The first lunch I ever had at a high school was two packs of Mike and Ikes, a thing of skittles and a bag of Doritos. You just can’t go wrong with those choices"
~me
mustang0o06

Post by mustang0o06 »

Slickswanny, to answer your question, Mark, I do believe it was, stated last night durring the chat that AOL had no part in it at all.
You can't be the Champion unless you beat the Champion.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

It is sad that people come up with such lies on Big-O's own site...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
barieuph
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: AIM+ 3.0

Post by barieuph »

OneBilzFan wrote:I am saddened to see people who could care less about another human being. I enjoy AIM+ for Aol Instant Messenger. And it's sad to see that people are so heartless and think only about themselves. Keep up the work on AIM+ 3.0 if you do continue to build on it. If you don't well then that's your choice to make. It's sad to see the world we live in today. :sad:
i doubt we'll ever see aim+ again
slickswanny

Post by slickswanny »

i am not trying to spread lies. I thought that Sparkelsatin's comment "...AOL would not threaten (which the big-o's have said they have done)" made it sound like Big-O has said somewhere that AOL had threatened them
"The first lunch I ever had at a high school was two packs of Mike and Ikes, a thing of skittles and a bag of Doritos. You just can’t go wrong with those choices"
~me
mustang0o06

Post by mustang0o06 »

slickswanny wrote:i am not trying to spread lies. I thought that Sparkelsatin's comment "...AOL would not threaten (which the big-o's have said they have done)" made it sound like Big-O has said somewhere that AOL had threatened them
Believe me, Big- O has already stated that AOL did not have anything to do with these attacks.
You can't be the Champion unless you beat the Champion.
slickswanny

Post by slickswanny »

I knew that they had denied AOL's involvement in the attacks, but I hadn't visited these boards in awhile so I thought that Sparkelsatins comment meant that they had released new info that said that AOL had threateded them.
Sorry to bother anyone. Believe me, I'm not trying to spred gossip in this post, I was just confused and wanted so resolve my question. Thanks to those who answered my question.
~me
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

If you had read the rest of SparkleSatinE's post, you'd have seen (quite clearly) that I was debunking the AOL theories.
~Kate~
Jon George XZ
Just Registered
Just Registered

...Man...

Post by Jon George XZ »

See... When you put out a free high quality product and get crap back in return, I wouldn't blame you for your mistake. Don't let anyone get to your head. Let them know you won't be beat out. Otherwise they've won. You all are a great group of programmers. There was a time when I was like you all. Don't let them get to you.
Your all's decision was pretty good, evern though I was excited about the new AIM plus to only be dissapointed. Butnot that I dind't get to use he new AIM, but that someone would give you guys crap for no reason. But don't let them win. Just remember they may be able to mess around and personally attack you, but nothing can bring you down. BIG-o Software... Big.
They can't do better, it's not like they have a right to mess around.
I'm talking too much but I'm hoping it helps you all. I'm really hoping you guys get up and running again and release your wonderful freeware product. I could use an AIM log for 5.0 about now, but if you all think it's a good idea to postpone it, then I'm with you al the way. I hope everyhting clears up. Remember they can't win unless you let them.
Good luck guys!
-/Jonathan/-
-/Jonathan/-
xXMaximumBassXx

Post by xXMaximumBassXx »

[sigh]...you know what upsets me a lot? none of you people who are complaining have been with these guys or this website for more than a month or two... I think i first downloaded aim+ on like the January 1st, and i joined the forums sometime in March. i have no need to post four million times, and i have no reason to bitch and moan. i guarantee you all i love this program just as much, if not more than the rest of you, but you all need to grow up and respect the decisions of its creators.

Yes i am fascinated by the fact that there are several thousand views and 500+ posts, and im also fascinated that Big-0 has grown to this from the minute peaceful software 'company' it once was. But i think that the negativity of these forums is an interactive demonstration of the greedy, spoiled, tendancies of all internet users, not just a specific generation.

guys, sorry it took me so long to send out my support, but thank you very much for all your hard work, sleepless nights, unnecessary aggrivation and harassment, and your commitment. I've been here since the beginning, through all the bugs, downtime, and testing. i was here when you guys overcame your problems with the 'other programmers' as you say, and i still use your software, as well as his. i anxiously await the next hkSFV, :wink: and will be the first to download and support all of your further programs.

once again, good luck with everything, and i hope you can at some point use the fan base you have already established to create a nice and comfortable life for you and yours. Bill Gates will need a replacement sooner or later. :D Happy Holidays.

~tom
xXMaximumBassXx

Post by xXMaximumBassXx »

oh yea... 3,000,000+ hits !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! not to be vulgar but holy shit. i dont think aol itself gets that many.
Evil
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Evil »

I totally concurs with the guy before the guy above me :) like i say before, relax and lay back and stop diss the Big-O-Software..
-Evil