AwayBox.com

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

whosurdaddy

AwayBox.com

Post by whosurdaddy »

theres a website that generates random away messages and has timers to make you unaway...i know there were some people who wanted that as a feature on aim+, so this might help somebody.

the site is awaybox.com
ImmortalDragon
Banned
Banned

Post by ImmortalDragon »

yea i saw that when i went to update my subprofile, very cool add-on but you need aim 5.0 or higher
as for me i switched to deadaim and got that
But time flows like a river...
And history repeats...

http://boards.sytes.net
^^MY BOARDS^^
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

1: sum1 else posted about this and it got deleted for some reason.

2: you dont need aim 5. You can use the site directly. you dont have to download anything

3: does any1 wanna help me try to put together a javascript of the same thing? all it does is launch an aim:goaway link whenever it needs to. Like the random one launches a new link every 5 seconds. The timer one launches a link once a minute decreasing the number of minutes by one for the counter.

I spent a while on awaybox.com looking at all kinds of source. And although the whole thing was writtin in php, im sure it could somehow be made by a javascript version. Problem is, im not the JScript kinda guy..... i could easily do this in ASP, but that kinda defeats the purpose of people having their own. Awaybox puts their ad in your away messages, so yeah.

what yall think?

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

It's a good idea. I'd help out, but I know NOTHING about any sort of computer programming. I know how they work and what makes them work, but not how to make one do something other than what it already does.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I'll try and help yah plasma. I know javascript.
:D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

:The funny part:

I learned about this only about 20 mins before this post.

:The weird part:

Read above.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

The only thing i don't like about away box is that you think that your friends have come up with this really snappy away message and then you see, oh.... this was said by some person who does this thing as a "job". it's funny how some of them stick in your mind, i saw one that said something about little people in you stomach that are hungry and now i always think of little people when i'm hungry. weird isn't it.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol.. yeah...... thats the thing with places liek awaymessages.com and the sort.... none of the away message are original.... they are all very common to see on people's away message.

And since i put em in AMM its just gonna get more common.
(if ya dont know what AMM is, its a program better than awaybox.com, just go to www.schwippy.com/amm to read about it)

lol.. isnt it kinda weird to see the first thread that started the whole concept of AMM? :)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

Yeah, it is kinda weird. I mean, the first time Plasma posted in this thread, he was thinking about making AMM, and then the second time, he had already made the program. :cheesy:
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

Plasma2002b wrote:lol.. yeah...... thats the thing with places liek awaymessages.com and the sort.... none of the away message are original.... they are all very common to see on people's away message.

And since i put em in AMM its just gonna get more common.
(if ya dont know what AMM is, its a program better than awaybox.com, just go to www.schwippy.com/amm to read about it)

lol.. isnt it kinda weird to see the first thread that started the whole concept of AMM? :)
yea i know what AMM is i was reading the thread but since i'm on dileup with only one phone line i almost never go away cause the most time i've every been on the internet was about 1 hour and 10 min. Great program by the way, if i ever get cable internet i'll most likely use it.