DeadAIM 3.1 Released

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

i had a problem with deadaim too, some confilct with nVidia's dual monitor/desktop software that i had been using to play movies, but the new version fixes that. in fact it fixed most of the issues i had (especially with the tabs and the random flashing on the taskbar.) right now i think its the best and easiest way to have tabs, pop-ups if thats your thing and removal of the adds and buttons. i used to hate deadaim, but know its not so bad. it even works with aim+ if for some reason you wanted to use both.
please stop. now.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I am willing to bet they decided to continue to allow (and possibly assist) AIM+ to work with their program. The simple fact is they know Big-O "controls" the market, and rather then lose the AIM+ users they might as well not risk lossing them since they already have them.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
SteveH5

Post by SteveH5 »

they control the market eh? They dont even support the current version of AIM. They dont even release, they now have a policy of obsolencene. Unless they start releasing any percived "control" will soon evaporate.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yes control the market. The best will awalys win, and the simple fact of the matter is AIM+ is the best, whether they decide to release a update or not. Being the best does not mean that you are the most up to date rather that you have a product that works the best for what it is intended for. AIM+ is intended for AIM, and it works. I know a lot of people do not like to update AIM for the simple reason that a update means change, now add the people that would update but have not simply because there is no AIM+ 3.0 and that is quite a lot of support Big-O still has. I also know that it would not be hard at all to make DEADAIM not work with AIM+.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

to add to that I will not use dead aim. I using AIM+ with 5.x because of the cloning. Some of the feature on 5.x I really like but AIM+ works for what i need it for and I just dl the history logger so I have all I need. I see no reason to get DeadAIM. AIM+ also still the biggest one out there and people are still downloading it so it still has a lot of value to it
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
SteveH5

Post by SteveH5 »

Well I hope you all have fun in the future when AIM 6 or 7 is out and you all are still using 4.8 just to support your obsolete software.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

SteveH5 wrote:Well I hope you all have fun in the future when AIM 6 or 7 is out and you all are still using 4.8 just to support your obsolete software.
Oh question that will take how long to come out. 5 took about 4 years to finaly come out and the because the hit 4 two years again. Based on that I do not see a 6 coming out for aleast the next 2 year if not longer....
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

By the time 6 comes out I don't think I will be using AIM very much any more. But just so you know I would be fine using AIM 4.8 with AIM+ with a version 5.8, 6,7 or even 8 out of AIM, not that I think I would have to wait that long to at least find a "decent" program to use in place of AIM+.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

aclauser wrote:By the time 6 comes out I don't think I will be using AIM very much any more. But just so you know I would be fine using AIM 4.8 with AIM+ with a version 5.8, 6,7 or even 8 out of AIM, not that I think I would have to wait that long to at least find a "decent" program to use in place of AIM+.
hear hear i say with in the next 2 years either aim+3 will come out(i not give up hope that we may see it) or some other program the a Ok replacement will come out (that not dead AIM)
blahman
Addict
Addict

Obsolete?

Post by blahman »

I am using Windows 95, just so I can still use Norton Antivirus 3.0
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

:cough: insane :cough: (No offence because you really have to be patient to keep that OS).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Obsolete?

Post by Dice599 »

blahman wrote:I am using Windows 95, just so I can still use Norton Antivirus 3.0
I would gladly go back to 95 to get rid of ME.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Point took
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
blahman
Addict
Addict

Post by blahman »

I was being sarcastic...
fuuucckkers

Re: Obsolete?

Post by fuuucckkers »

Dice599 wrote:
blahman wrote:I am using Windows 95, just so I can still use Norton Antivirus 3.0
I would gladly go back to 95 to get rid of ME.
The strange thing is, if you actually take a look at the registrys within those 2 OS's... they still are the SAME. Windows 95 was just a simple solution to bring upon the desktop revolution. Then along came Windows 98..and M$ just tweaked out the registry. (I know because I've done it) There's just some registry settings that need to be changed. Values from 0 to 1, No to Yes.. and things start to change. Oh, and the whole IE integration..that's new. (Just about the only thing though).

And then from 98 to ME..they tried to tweak it out some more..and screwed things up royally, which made it worse than 98.