I Made an AwayBox stand alone clone

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

ok when i went to the away msg scheduler.... i clicked on new entry and it gave me this error:
Run-time error '339'

and also for a request, when u add ur own entires for the away manager.... and u add one, could u make it be able to edit it again?[/b]
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I would love to see it support diffrent fonts and colors (so the white does not clash with my normal colors).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

skudz wrote:ok when i went to the away msg scheduler.... i clicked on new entry and it gave me this error:
Run-time error '339'

and also for a request, when u add ur own entires for the away manager.... and u add one, could u make it be able to edit it again?[/b]
i didnt realize that the date picker control was uncommon... but ok, i guess ill include that with the installer. (it will be up in about 3 to 4 hours from the time of this post as im at work right now)

and yeah, i guess i can make it so double clicking the item will reopen it for editing again.

like i said, this is just the really simple version and im gonna end up adding onto it later.... v2.3 maybe?

aclauser wrote:I would love to see it support diffrent fonts and colors (so the white does not clash with my normal colors).
well, of course it all does support regular HTML <font> tags and stuff..... but i guess i can make that into an automatically dont thing.... might have to ponder over the best way to do this for a while :P

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Off the top of my head (I just came up with this real quick) you could add options to pick your colors in the option tab, and then insert it at the start like you do with your ad and footer. One catch though is you might want to check for character limits.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

There are a lot of typos in the built-in messages. You might want to go in and correct them. Also, I've written a procedure that searches through the history for away messages. It's not accurate if the away messages have horizontal rules in them though. If you want this procedure for your prog, let me know.
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

Searching for a certain away message would be a great feature! :D
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

it seems that AMM has gotten out of control here! :o

www.OriginalIcons.com has featured AMM on its site. (its on every page on the right pane)

www.Awaymessages.com has featured AMM as well. (click AIM Resources at the bottom of the page)

Ive gotten 1338 visitors from them since. (and thats just in not even two days yet)

Thats good, right? yes... very good....... but heres the catch..... ITS KILLING SCHWIPPY! :o

lol.... my simple server cant handle the requests for the forum when hundreds of people from AMM keep going to it.

ive been getting a lot of complaints from the avid users of my forums of how slow it has been getting.

blah.....

:wow:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well congrats (I think) Plasma. Maybe you should block people coming from links after a set amount of people are ON the page? At least then you can make all the people happy. Maybe have a text file that shows up when 10 people have been refered to the site from originalicons.com that says "The set limit has been reached at the moment please try back in a little while".

Don't know how hard this would be to set up, but I love throwing out ideas.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

I posted about this at schwippy and I'll post about it here. I think you should get a geocities site just for AMM that way it won't bog schwippy...and since Bryans hosting the file...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Oh, Plasma...I also have a procedure that'll allow users to edit away messages that are in the registry. (i.e. add, remove, rename away messages)

The I'm back button still isn't setting my away status to back. Try using SendMessage to send WM_CLOSE to the away dialog...that should do the trick.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Congrats Plasma!,

You've hit the big-time....lol. Who would've thought just a little side-project would've gotten you on several other websites.

Maybe there needs to be a site called "The Spawns of AIM+" that holds all the apps inspired by AIM+ and launched on AIM+'s forum
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

That's a cool idea....
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

KooLTaB101 wrote:I posted about this at schwippy and I'll post about it here. I think you should get a geocities site just for AMM that way it won't bog schwippy...and since Bryans hosting the file...
Very, VERY, good idea, considering Schwippy as it stands now. :D
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well good idea, but something that does not limit your bandwidth, because you would run out on geocities real fast if its this "bad" on his own server.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

aclauser wrote:Well good idea, but something that does not limit your bandwidth, because you would run out on geocities real fast if its this "bad" on his own server.
True, but I think Geocities would be better than what his bandwidth is pulling now.