Incomplete logs in AIM+ 1.0

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Incomplete logs in AIM+ 1.0

Post by Guest »

I was surprised that sometimes AIM+ doesn't completely log everything..specially if the chat session is long or has tremendous amounts of text in it. I just lost a step by step instruction from a friend because i thought AIM+ History would have it all down for a future reference. Any reasons why this happens?

I use:
win2k pro sp2
AIM 4.8.2614

to reproduce..i just typed a few gibberish words and applied different text formatting to some parts of it and IM myself repeatedly with the same text or a variation of the same kind...after a while..you're gonna notice that AIM+ fails to log everything...it usually truncates the end and even worse..sometimes it stops somewhere in the beginning.

Post by Guest »

nobody else has this problem huh? well..can anyone tell me the best version of AIM that AIM+ works with without a glitch? And if you can, can you post a link? thanks!!
tryfe

Ditto On The Incomplete logs

Post by tryfe »

I got this same damn problem too. I had a couple of long conversations and I tried to read them the next day and to my shock, they were almost completely wiped! Only the very beginnings of the conversations were logged. I guess the logging has a bunch of fat bugs. I stopped using Aim+ for awhile and reverted back to using AIM 4.4 but I just recently upgraded to the latest AIM version and reinstalled Aim+. If this thing doesn't log properly then at least it can hide all those sections of the main AIM window... :?

Post by Guest »

so..i'm not alone after all. :) any ideas if this bug is going to be fixed? is there any word on when the next release is gonna be out?
tryfe
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by tryfe »

I don't know if this will be fixed and I don't know when it'll be updated but I sure hope this problem gets fixed. My log cut totally cut off last night. I had a conversation with a girl and all that there was in the History was the first two messages....BLAH
:|

Post by Guest »

same here...only for the chat now for me...but i have only had it 1 day so far but ims seem to b working...o well guess ill just have to save chats manually till bugs get fixed?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

When a window's text gets to be too big, AIM+ does not handle it correctly. It will usually simply stop recording, sometimes it will behave even stupider, but the net result is that very long conversations (without closing the IM window), can get lost or messed up.

This is a big problem - it's my top concern right now, so make sure to grab the next version when it comes out..

-Ryan
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

Any idea as to why the logs to the windows that are open are almost completely lost when AIM+ has one of those unexplained C++ runtime errors?

Another thing about those errors I've noticed is that you can still receive IM's from who you're currently talking to, but you can't access the window to reply. I dunno if that helps at all, but I'll keep my eye open for anything else :)
cArLo8mm
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by cArLo8mm »

wooohooo (yep, this is worthy of such senselessness). I'm glad it's now ur 1st priority. My post was not in vain after all. :)

- the poster formerly known as Anonymous. No..the other one..yeah that one...yeah me
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The logging error has been solved in the upcoming version of AIM+.
-Mark
Big-O Software