you can use aim to talk icq members

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

try cloning, then signing on two icq's and then they show up on each others bl. you can do this on aim 3.0 and lower also i think. i did it allot about a year ago till i found a life
-buster
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

i am surprised you guys didnt notice this a long time ago

i heard that AIM and ICQ should be compatable when the next version of ICQ comes out
Leah-la

Post by Leah-la »

Ok, so I tried this out. I went on AIM and ICQ (although my ICQ was via trillian which could be a factor). I IMed myself from ICQ and it worked, I got the message, but I don't appear on my AIM buddy list, and I cannot add my AIM name to my ICQ BL. But then I tried to IM myself back from AIM, and it didn't send the message and kept telling me I my ICQ account was offline, even though it was still recieving the messages from the ICQ account. I hope that made sense.
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" -Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------
Leah-la
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I think it made sence but I'm not sure.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Leah-la

Post by Leah-la »

OK... lets see if I can make real sense... So I could IM to AIM from ICQ, but not the reverse (I got the message you get when you try to IM a person who is offline). ICQ wouldn't store my AIM screenname in my buddy list, and on AIM, my ICQ number was stored, but never came up as online. Is that better? I think that makes sense.
Leah-la
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yes it made total sence that time (I read it right the first time too). I have not ever heard of the SNs showing up on your AIM BL. I also have not heard of ICQ being able to IM AIM. I guess this is software side and not server side. Maybe AIM makes ICQ think your SN is a number?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Leah-la

Post by Leah-la »

ACK! I lied.... I could IM from ICQ to AIM, not the reverse.... I just put the screenname in the send message to box... but it wouldn't let me put the AIM name in my BL on ICQ. I got the same message on AIM while trying to IM ICQ as you get when youre trying to IM someone who is offline, and the name was inputed into the BL, but never showed as online, even though I was recieving messages. I suck at this writing thing... that's why I'm a math major.
Leah-la