AIM+ Not Auto-Loading

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

ahoorfar
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM+ Not Auto-Loading

Post by ahoorfar »

Ok, I have the most recent AIM+ software, but it dosen't always load up, the Original AIM loads up, why is this?
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

When you go to run AIM, are you running AIM+ or AIM? AIM+ does not change AIM in anyway, you must run AIM+ and it will load AIM with all of the extra features added by AIM+.

What version of AIM are you running, and what OS are you operating under?
-Mark
Big-O Software
ahoorfar
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by ahoorfar »

Big-O Mark wrote:When you go to run AIM, are you running AIM+ or AIM? AIM+ does not change AIM in anyway, you must run AIM+ and it will load AIM with all of the extra features added by AIM+.

What version of AIM are you running, and what OS are you operating under?
Well, I mean, when I start my PC up, I have AIM so it starts up, Should AIM+ be loading?

I have WinXP with AIM 4.7.2480
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Did you place an AIM shortcut into your "startup" folder or are you using the AIM autostart option in the preferences?

If you have an AIM shortcut in your "startup" folder, you'll have to change this to an AIM+ shortcut in order to autoload AIM+.

If you're using the autostart option and it's not working properly, an easy way to work around this is to add an AIM+ shortcut into your "startup" folder in your start menu. If you do this, make sure you don't have any other AIM shortcuts in the startup group, and make sure your AIM preferences have "Start with Windows" turned off.

If all else fails, you also may want to try updating to the latest version of AIM, 4.8.2768, as AIM+ is designed with the latest version of AIM in mind.
-Mark
Big-O Software
ahoorfar
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by ahoorfar »

Ok, Dled the latest AIM version, I also had aim starting up in the prefrences setting. If it still happens, Ill take it off on startup, and put it in the startup menu..
Thanks
Big-O Mark wrote:Did you place an AIM shortcut into your "startup" folder or are you using the AIM autostart option in the preferences?

If you have an AIM shortcut in your "startup" folder, you'll have to change this to an AIM+ shortcut in order to autoload AIM+.

If you're using the autostart option and it's not working properly, an easy way to work around this is to add an AIM+ shortcut into your "startup" folder in your start menu. If you do this, make sure you don't have any other AIM shortcuts in the startup group, and make sure your AIM preferences have "Start with Windows" turned off.

If all else fails, you also may want to try updating to the latest version of AIM, 4.8.2768, as AIM+ is designed with the latest version of AIM in mind.