Buddy Bots

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

CowboyCowden12

Post by CowboyCowden12 »

There is a bot named MessageServer (I believe it was named above) but anyways it is actaully quite useful...all you have to do is tell it the name of the screen name and you can leave someone a message for the next time they sign on, whether you yourself are still online or not.

It is as simple as typing screenname;message ...once you type that the message will immediately appear on the persons screen when they sign on AIM. I have used it many times and found it to be quite useful if you cannot reach someone.
"Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?" - Jack Black (Orange County)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yep yep that is the bot, and one of our Mods, actully helps develope it.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

It was one of the ingenious creations started here in the Big-O discussions boards :)

If you look around you can find the exact thread that the idea came up in :wink:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

Plasma2002b wrote:It was one of the ingenious creations started here in the Big-O discussions boards :)

If you look around you can find the exact thread that the idea came up in :wink:
i take it messegeserver has reached its 200 buddy limit cause its no longer online.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

There is actually more information on why MessageServer appears offline here:

http://www.messageserver.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121
Casey wrote:If MessageServer doesn't show up on your buddy list, it does NOT mean that you are blocked.

AOL has infringed a limit stating that a screen name cannot be online on more than 4000 peoples buddy lists at once. This means that if there are 4K people online with MessageServer on their buddy list and you are number 4K1... MessageServer will appear offline to you. You can still IM it manually however.
-Mark
Big-O Software
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

Big-O Mark wrote:There is actually more information on why MessageServer appears offline here:

http://www.messageserver.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=121
Casey wrote:If MessageServer doesn't show up on your buddy list, it does NOT mean that you are blocked.

AOL has infringed a limit stating that a screen name cannot be online on more than 4000 peoples buddy lists at once. This means that if there are 4K people online with MessageServer on their buddy list and you are number 4K1... MessageServer will appear offline to you. You can still IM it manually however.
Thank you for telling me that, i was searching for a the origional thread to see if there were any answers. (very quick response)