How do you sort your Buddy List?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I've always added my buddies in alphabetical order...never needed to sort them.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Am I the only one that does not like ABC order?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

PhaseAMD wrote:Am I the only one that does not like ABC order?
at first i didnt really like it all that much...... but after a while of using it, i found it pretty usefull cause when i was looking for a certain buddy in the list, i could just go alphabetically and i didnt have to search through all of em (like for a name i didnt really look up that much)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Plasma2002b wrote:at first i didnt really like it all that much...... but after a while of using it, i found it pretty usefull cause when i was looking for a certain buddy in the list, i could just go alphabetically and i didnt have to search through all of em (like for a name i didnt really look up that much)
That's exactly the reason why it's so useful. But then again, people have strange habits.. :roll:
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I post the cool girls up top, with 2 groups, and then the rest just get put in a order based on how much I talk to them... Kinda bad when I want to find a SN that is not online but.. oh well.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Well, here's my strange habit: All of my groups except for "Family" and "My SNs" are two word names, and both words begin and end with the same letter:

Bestest Buds
PSU People
College Chums
Forum Folk

I didn't even realize I did that until a while ago...weird.. :-?
Leah-la

Post by Leah-la »

PhaseAMD wrote:Am I the only one that does not like ABC order?
I don't like alphabetical order either. I like to have to people I talk to most often on the top of my list.
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" -Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------
Leah-la
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I like alphabetical... I always have to have things like that organized, but if you take a look at my room... forget it. :cheesy: The people I talk to all the time are in their own special groups and then everyone else is in one of two groups... Peeps or BG Peeps.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Matt

Post by Matt »

Moon Child wrote:I like alphabetical... I always have to have things like that organized, but if you take a look at my room... forget it. :cheesy: The people I talk to all the time are in their own special groups and then everyone else is in one of two groups... Peeps or BG Peeps.
I like alphabetical...for the same reason as you...to keep everything organized. Its so funny, if you look in My Documents, you will find like 30 folders and in each one is something different I did...My computer is organized, but my room? Forget it...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
MoldyOldPie
Addict
Addict

Post by MoldyOldPie »

i have them in the order that i added them and peoples second/third screename with their first
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Personally, I prefer my buddy list in Alphabetical order. It makes my life seem more organized than it already is. (Cough) Yea right (Cough)
Last edited by Walker on Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImmortalDragonII

Post by ImmortalDragonII »

i sort them alphabeticaly with 4 groups

Family
ppl (people i actually know)
ppl2 (people i met online)
Bots
"Wasn't the world safer when the president was getting laid?"
-Whoopi Goldberg
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

I said this once already--and it still freaks me out knowing I did it subconciously:
D4D1NK13 wrote:Well, here's my strange habit: All of my groups except for "Family" and "My SNs" are two word names, and both words begin and end with the same letter:

Bestest Buds
PSU People
College Chums
Forum Folk

I didn't even realize I did that until a while ago...weird.. :-?
onlinefame com
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by onlinefame com »

starring: girlfriend
supporting cast: good friends
cameos: regular friends
extras: people that IM me regularly (usually getting my SN from my website)

i try not to talk to too many people while on the computer, so i try to keep my list of people that I message fairly small.[/img]
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I put mine in abc order in there groups but the groups are set up in my close friends at the top (7 sn) and then there is the buddy list that has all the other screen names. Then I have a group call Big-O for all the member of this forums I have talk with. Below that I have a list that just has info I need (like numbers or names of files that I need) and lastly I have a group called my screen names that has all my screen names that I use on a semi regular bases for 2 reason. One is I just do and hte second is a long time ago some crack my password and was sign of as me and he was trying to ruin my friendship with some people. I was just glad my close friend could tell it was not me and believed me when i told them that
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas