Buddy List Lost!?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

pythagorashigh
Just Registered
Just Registered

Buddy List Lost!?

Post by pythagorashigh »

Is anyone having serious problems with AIM today? I am using AIM 4.8.2790 with AIM+ 2.21 and first, I rebooted my computer and when I signed back on, my buddy list was gone. Then I finally restored to an old back up I had. So now I started adding names my backup didn't have. Then came the bigger problem. As I would add a name, when I switched back to the Online view, the new buddies I just added disappeared! I would go back to the Setup and the names would not be in the list. Anyone else having problems? Anyone know what is going on? Please reply ASAP!
Gregg
PythagorasHigh
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Sometime early afternoon and into the evening / night, AOL was having problems with their servers. Not only did it happen to you, it happened to me and a lot of my friends as well. When you recieve the error of your buddy list not loading but it's not lost.. don't panic. Do exactly as the error states -- Try Again Later. There is no need to load a previous version as you did. The buddy lists are stored on the AOL servers, once they fix the problem... your problems will be fixed as well :)
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Yea, a lot of my friends had that problem last night...luckily I didn't. But as of this morning I think everythings back to normal.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I had that problem with my main screen name last night. It kind of suck that I could not use my normal screen name but I found out that if I switch temporale over to my very old sn TJH119 it normal can get it buddy list and since it a complete dupicat of my Timelessblur one it really easy for me to copy stuff (and right now i keep it very up to date after what happen to my TImelessblurr screen name because i lost a few screen names that i have trouble putting back onto my buddy list
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
pythagorashigh
Just Registered
Just Registered

Problems

Post by pythagorashigh »

I got my buddy list back, also, this morning.. but did anyone else have the problem where they couldn't even add names to their list? It was the wierdest thing. I would add a name in List Setup view then switch back to Online view and I could actually see the group decrease in size by one number as it deleted the name I just added.
Gregg
PythagorasHigh
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Silly AIM servers spazzing out again ... I'm glad everything is back to normal for everyone. At least nobody tried to blame AIM+ this time around, usually that's where the fingers get pointed first when something starts to go screwy! :D

Those who have been around for awhile may remember this fun AIM spaz:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=942
-Mark
Big-O Software