Unwarning

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Let's get our terms correct.....lol

Hackers break into systems (programs, networks, etc) for good. They typically are curious people who like to know how things work.

Crackers break into systems for mischievious reasons. So a person who was cracking into the AOL IM system to become an Admin would most likely be a cracker because they'd also have other reasons to do so. Unless, they were a security expert and then they'd be doing it so they could inform AOL where their vulnerabilities are.

Remember, Linux came to life to the hard work of hackers and many of them are proud of the title.

Crackers give smart software and network engineers a bad name because the press can't get their terms correct
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Master Jedi wrote:Timeless, I think they would catch anyone who did that. They probably keep track of all their admins.
That why I said mad cracker and I pretty much meent cracker. I though I used hack to say that how they got into the system but to correct it I change my orginal post to crack the system. Beside if you were a mad cracker then you could do it and not get cought.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

you dont need to work for aol to get an admin acct. i have a site to request hosts, OH's, int's, and sID's. but im not sure if i should request because my ip would be logged and what not. but you could easily crack an admin acct with a simple cracker. darkknight has one that does aol and aim with no rate :o
-buster
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

i could use a way to crack an Aim account. And yes my would be for a semi ligit reason and that would be for getting back my Timelessblurr account which was taken from my by an admin
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Timeless,

Didn't you learn your lesson the last time about making idle "threats" to take action in regards to the AOL AIM network. The last time you mentioned something (I believe suggesting people spam the Admins...not a good idea) you lost the ScreenName in the first place.

My suggestion is to not believe anything you say is "private". THere are people from all walks of life visiting forums and they are there for strictly monitoring purposes. My wife just got in trouble at work for making a not-so-nice remark about her School District and someone who knew the district ratted her out. Here is the kicker....she never mentioned anyone's name or the school district's name, or the school's name. She just put her name on there and bam! trouble.

Timeless, your statement as harmless as you feel it is, could be construed as a threat to the AIM network and lose you another ScreenName.

P.S. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to save people the trouble of getting themselves into trouble because they are thinking they are saying something when nobody is "listening"
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

you got a point. I never intend it to be a threat AOL or it network. Hell I give up on ever seeing that screen name again. Personly I would like to have it back but what I really want is the buddy list off of that screen name because there are names on the budy that I need and I have no other way of recoving them but allas there is nouthing I can legegal do to get them. And I have learn my leason from the last time. (I still dont like the Admins but that beside the point. I know better than to theaten them)