AOL Communicator

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

i still dont fully understand fully what it does?? is it just like AIM or is it more than that??? please explain
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yes... please exlpain for me too......

my brain (and probably the rest of me) has been awake for about 60 hours now and i aint doin so well..... :oops: :x

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Stealth725

Post by Stealth725 »

well, what it is, is a combination of AIM and an AOL Mail Checker, most people just use it because it looks cool. It dont even have the funtionality of AIM...
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The problem with this program is it expires, and all that means is more clogging of the registry.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

Basically, it's a waste of time and a download. :P
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
Marth and Roy

Post by Marth and Roy »

Is it sumthing you have to pay for after a '30 day trial" or a short trail...or sumthing that you can only use for a certain amount of time then it wont work after that or something...lol i think sumone answered that....neways there are ways to get around it...i just dont know all of them but there are programs and stuff you can download that block the expire thing
D-D-Di-Did I-I-I St-St-Studder?.
Hoked on Fonics worcks for I!!!
Marth and Roy
CRaCKeR PiNOY
Just Registered
Just Registered

doesnt work?

Post by CRaCKeR PiNOY »

whats up with that website? the main page is just a flashing picture that says, Yes You Can. ???
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

sorry.. had to take communicator off the site.. exceeded bandwidth.. sorry guys.. AOL KW: beta has it up now thou.. enjoy.. ill send on AIM if ya want.. msg me: sn0n
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This thing was all the rage on the forums last month, and now there's never any discussion of it at all? Was AOL Communicator any good, or just a waste of time? What exactly was different from standard AIM?
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Mark wrote:This thing was all the rage on the forums last month, and now there's never any discussion of it at all? Was AOL Communicator any good, or just a waste of time? What exactly was different from standard AIM?
I didn't try it out, but I did a little reading up on it. Go to google and search for it, and you'll find quite a few articles about it. Something about AOL trying to compete with Outlook or something--having e-mail and IM intergrated into one client.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

For those interested, here's an article from News.Com that pretty much sums it all up:

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-971064.html
-Mark
Big-O Software
pyro

Post by pyro »

this is AOL beta software--its available, and been availble for a while at Keyword "BETA" on aol
pyro

Post by pyro »

ooops, might help if i checked to see if there was more than one page

also, if you get it from aol's beta site, there isnt a time limit on it from what ive seen

and also, it is a QUITE good program i might add

aol had some of the shittiest speeds ive ever seen to be on a T3...say like 5 kb/sec upload

but with this program, i was getting about 150 kb/sec uploading, which i wont complain with at all
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

...This has nothing to do with this thread, but I'm kinda new to the forums and noticed "AOL" was highlighted everywhere in this thread. Why?
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

The link that Mark had sent you, there was a command to highlight "AOL."