Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

:o

I SEE AOL!

AHHH!!!

*cowers into corner*

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

How did you get the Max bar looking thing on the bottom (not the tool bar but the thing on the bottom.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

You mean the Finder bar. I don't know either, but it looks identical to the one in OS X.
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

It's called "The Dock," not the Finder bar.

And yes, methinks it may have been pasted in... Those are all the icons for the standard programs that ship with Mac OS X (from left to right, Finder, IE, Mail, iChat, iPhoto, iMovie, TextEdit, Calculator, iTunes, Computer, Trash).
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

to get the dock first download Desktopx http://download.com.com/3000-2340-10125 ... ag=lst-0-1 then download this file and load it in to desktopx http://www.psgaming.net/beta1/?s=07e66a ... =16&lid=70
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

How do you change the "Start bar" at the bottom (for XP) to say something else? I noticed that Master Jedi changed his..
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

XIII wrote:How do you change the "Start bar" at the bottom (for XP) to say something else? I noticed that Master Jedi changed his..
You mean the Start button text? That's not hard, especially in XP. I have to go for the moment. I'll tell you how when I get on later.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I'm on Windows 98se.. and I've seen it before too. It's just a setting in the registry.

Here's the link on how to do it.. taken from my Bookmarks.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/791/
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:I'm on Windows 98se.. and I've seen it before too. It's just a setting in the registry.

Here's the link on how to do it.. taken from my Bookmarks.

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/791/
The XP instructions are wrong. And by the way it's not a registry setting. It's hardcoded in the Explorer.exe.

For XP:

1. Get reshack (do a google.com search, it's not hard to find)
2. Restart your computer and boot into safe mode (press F8 when windows starts to load to get boot options). This will not work unless you do it in safe mode.
3. Open C:\windows\explorer.exe in reshack
4. Go to 'String Table\37\1033' and change the string 578 to your desired message (a nice thing about XP is it's the only windows operating system available in which your start button text can be more than 5 characters). There is also the text "Start" as string variable #595 in 'string table\38\1033' but I don't think that one is for the start menu. Change it too if you'd like...I'm not sure what it's to.
5. Save this as explorer1.exe somewhere on your hard drive. C:\windows will do.
6. Follow this step from the site wastedmind provided
Open your registry editor and find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]. Find the value named "Shell" and change it to equal the filename of the new explorer "explorer1.exe". Exit your registry editor and restart Windows for the change to take effect. To reverse the change, modify the value of "Shell" and set it back to "explorer.exe".
7. Reboot your computer.
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

Thanks, but so far im having problems getting my computer into Safe Mode. Ive pressed F8 when windows starts like you said, but nothing happens. Is there a certain time when im supposed to do so? or another method of doing it? The rest of the steps should be easy, Ive worked with ResHack before and know a little about how to use it. Thanks agian, and sorry for getting the thread off-topic.
Kill the panda!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You want to hit F8 when it says loading windows (or something along those lines). Your best bet is to just tap F8 until the menu comes up.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

While your computer boots from the power-on self test, just keep pressing F8. It'll come up.
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

So far, so good. However im having some trouble with step 6, I have no idea where or what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] is. Thanks agian for your help.
Kill the panda!
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

XIII wrote:So far, so good. However im having some trouble with step 6, I have no idea where or what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] is. Thanks agian for your help.
Lol...go to Start -> Run. Type regedit in the run dialog and press enter. Browse to that path in the treeview of regedit. You'll see what I mean.
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

Awesome! Worked perfectly, thanks for your help.
Kill the panda!