Kicking somebody off AIM.

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

then you didnt lose your SN.

your lucky.

Sign offline, and reconnect..... or just change your IP if you know how.

Do this, THEN you will most likely be able to sign on instantly.

and if not, then you will be able to use it at a later time for sure.

-------------

EDIT: same applies to you maeg..... you should have your SN back up in a while..... like, tomorow sometime.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
rexfarms
Addict
Addict

Post by rexfarms »

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?
-Nicholas
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

he imed me a second time again. so i accepted since i baked up my bl.
this is Nuh (1:36:29 AM): hi
Robpol86 (1:36:42 AM): hi
this is Nuh (1:36:49 AM): how are you?
Robpol86 (1:36:53 AM): fine
Robpol86 (1:36:59 AM): who r u?
this is Nuh (1:37:06 AM): Nuh, obviously
Robpol86 (1:37:10 AM): oh
Robpol86 (1:37:16 AM): whered u get my sn from?
this is Nuh (1:37:18 AM): i think i have the wrong person
this is Nuh (1:37:20 AM): sorry
Robpol86 (1:37:24 AM): its ok
this is Nuh (1:37:26 AM): bye
Robpol86 (1:37:28 AM): bye
then he spammed me w/ diff sns.
waroutz32 wants to directly connect (1:38:29 AM).
waroutz32 invites you to run with him or her (1:38:30 AM).
waroutz32 (1:38:30 AM): 5 Aö2urg7OQpi[9 RúTn]UcDRG3IútPôz>ôöyðtðKðwú>\] 1sqjr
waroutz32 wants to send file AIM INVADER (1:38:31 AM):
Last edited by Robpol86 on Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rexfarms
Addict
Addict

Post by rexfarms »

How can I prevent falling victim to this even if he uses different sns that I dont know? And how is he doing this?
-Nicholas
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

rexfarms wrote:And how is he doing this?
he works for AOL..... thats the simple way of putting it.

but i dont know why Nuh would use AIM Invaders..... that just totally doesnt seem his style at all :-?

..........maybe he really is just bored out of his mind and wants to just cause commotion around and stuff..... ierno

rexfarms
Addict
Addict

Post by rexfarms »

And AOL doesnt know/care that he is doing this?
-Nicholas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

rexfarms wrote:And AOL doesnt know/care that he is doing this?
You could log a complaint, but who know what good that would do.. :-?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

has anyone ever heard of the mcqueen scion?

Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

nope, why?
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Plasma2002b wrote:has anyone ever heard of the mcqueen scion?
I heard it before.....today actually...

Where'd you hear that from?

Did a google search and came up with this:
Death Ring is a bastion of the B-Movie advertising excess, and the banner states that three bells to the walls action stars will be entertaining you. Norris! McQueen! Swayze! Mike Norris - brother of alpha arse-kicker Chuck Norris. Chad McQueen, son of tough guy Steve McQueen and Don Swayze, little brother of dirty dancer Pat. Yep, our heroes are a collection of runners ups and never was-es, but I cannot blame the producers for trying, all things considered, they didn't try hard enough. Our heroes are a rather dull lot, mentally, physically and emotionally. Mike, our primary hero is only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry, provided of course, that it is a particularly uninteresting shade of paint, as anything beyond off white could easily steal away your attention. Mike is tough, as evidenced by his winning some form of 'stupid-prat' endurance contest. An ex-army type, he is disillusioned with the world, because the army trained him to be a killer, a merciless hand to hand, covert operations monster, and then did not provide him the opportunity to go kill some people... Couldn't they at least engage in some border war so as to provide this knuckle-head with a means of self actualization. Foreign policy be damned, the emotional needs of this ninny must be met, go invade France! Hanging with Mike is the McQueen scion, who goes by the name of Sky Lord, in that he is a great helicopter pilot. The backstory indicates that he once pulled our hero out of a covert action gone wrong. This doesn't fit in with the previous story, so it appears that our hero was sent behind lines to administer painful Dutch rubs and noogies to the enemy, rather than kill them... Mike has a love interest, who is rich, beautiful, and cares deeply for him. We are not entirely sure why either, unless Milton Berle left him a permission for transplant in his will. She obligingly drops her top in the first ten minutes. This revelation was met with an almost Nero like indifference on my part - "Nice, not thrilling, but nice." Enter the villains. Jeez, I wanted these guys to win. Our chief bad-guy is none other than uber-creep Billy Drago, who is easily the most under appreciated actor in the business. Billy runs a 'Most Dangerous Game' style hunting operation, where wealthy nogoodniks hunt adequate play on a secluded island. Remind me to pick up a time-share with him some time. He is assisted by a dragon-lady henchwoman, who is easily his equal. "I don't fear you, I fear what will happen when you begin to doubt my efficiency." Drago, noting Mike's win in the tough-but-stupid contest, has him and his main squeeze kidnapped, and subjected to a very urbane dinner in which the hunters and prey can talk. The hunters include a crazy Indian, a mad Chinese general, a psychotic lawyer, a Columbian death-squad type and a brash and brutish Texan. The Texan is around for about three minutes, and then tries to impose his own rules on the game. He is then stabbed with a fork and stomped to death by Drago. His body, with head squashed like a pumpkin at a world cup match, is carted off by the euro-skank henchbabes (Bambi and Thumper - a nice nod to the classics), with a warning to mind the floors as they have just been cleaned. Dinner resumes. Drago is indeed in his element as the creepy villain, and his combination of sensual energy and feigned politeness is very enjoyable. He politely refuses our heroines offer of save-my-boyfriend nookie by noting that "I am not Caligula. I'm not going to do anything to you, the only reason you are here is to make him fight harder, and attack rather than run." I also like how his hunters are not provided with state of the art bang-bangs either. Their weapons (chosen randomly) are shurikens, garrote, Kukri and spear. None of this bullets at a distance garbage, killing is going to be an up-close and personal sort of thing with this lot. Meanwhile, Sky Lord, bereft of a friend and a meaningful part in the film, investigates the disappearance as best he can, hampered by his having a brain smaller than that of a duck. Looking into an odd tattoo sported by one of the villains, he strongarms a tattoo artist into giving him a name. Chavez. Leaping like a panther towards the white pages, our boy leafs through, knowing that there cannot be that many people with the last name Chavez in the greater Los Angeles area. He is then distracted by his girlfriend, whose obvious talents are our first introduction to her. The filmmakers felt that there was a dearth of obvious talents in the movie, so they popped a couple more in our faces, just in case we had resumed watching the paint. For the record, they are indeed more interesting than the paint, smarter than the McQueen scion, and more rounded than our hero. Leaving his girlfriend with her enhanced talents still exposed, Sky Lord tracks down some Satanists, who aren't really that bad, threatens a witch, gets captured by an Anton LaVey look-a-like, is released, and is told where Drago and company hang out. Meanwhile, our other hero discovers a remnant from a previous hunt, who avoided being killed by carefully following Monty Python's rules for not being seen. It is the almost Swayze. Together they put the hurt on the remaining hunters and ripsaw their way towards Drago. ... Too bad really, but that is the way of the B-Movie world.

http://www.distinctvideo.com/h/Ron_Howa ... 669960.htm
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

ok...... problem solved........

this should not happen again.

it was a rare fluke that was very unlikely to ever happen....... im not gonna go into the details, but ill say that it wont happen again, and that any damage done to all of your SN's has now been fixed. (and if not, they should be very quickly)

Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

he actually managed 2 freeze my aim client after the 3rd try 2 punt me
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Robpol86 wrote:he actually managed 2 freeze my aim client after the 3rd try 2 punt me
Well...whatever Brian did, it's over and done with. Let's put it all behind us. :)
rexfarms
Addict
Addict

Post by rexfarms »

It does work now, I really hope that this doesnt happen again. Thanks to the powers that be for correcting this.
-Nicholas
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

your SN may still be rate limited..... because it has been warned, it will have a high warning level and the basic operation of AIM is to keep high-warned SN's off the service.......

so the best thing toi do would be to use a temporary SN for a few hours until the warning rate on your regular SN goes down, then try later.

(also remember that the more you try, the longer you will have to wait til you can use it)

this is nothing serious, and time will fix it.