Fantastic.

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Spencer

Fantastic.

Post by Spencer »

First of all I'd just like to say what a wonderful piece of software you have written here, it is absolutely perfect for the regular AIM loather that only uses AIM due to everyone using it.

I originally came here to ask how to get the AIM+'s preferences, though I remembered there being a dialog at the install and re-installed to read it. Maybe that could also be explained in the readme?

I've love to see the ability to have smileys in the log files in the next version, maybe even an "invisibilty" option like ICQ had, and if you're feeling extremely bored, an option to pick who you're invisible to?

Maybe you should also add "AIM Plus" to your meta tags, as I've spent the last 5 hours trapsing though search engines looking for "AIM Plus".. I'd forgotten it was AIM+ y'see, and I'm sure many others could do the same (I hope, lol).

Maybe even an option to use skins?

These are mere suggestions however, I think this version suffices perfectly. Great job, and thankyou.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Thank you, these are all good suggestions.

I have added META tags to the big-o-software webpage, and updated the readme/FAQ to tell users where to find the AIM+ preferences.

Skinning and Invisible-to-User are not likely :).

Smileys in the History Viewer are something that I personally would love to have, but since it is a rather minor thing, it's probably not going to make it into the next version.. but I still hope to see it soon, as well.

Thanks so much for the great feedback!
-Ryan
Big-O Software