Free Webhosting

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Free Webhosting

Post by Michael »

The guy I borrowed webspace from is not renewing his site, so I need a new webhost. Basically, I need something with just a few megs of space that I can backup a few small archives to, and also upload files to that I can then access from school. What's a good provider that'll fit these needs?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Hmm... Your a intersting guy... I would be intrested in hosting you. (If your intrested in being hosted by me just send me a PM with some more info and I can set you up).

I know Daniel ( www.pastrealm.com ) is currently offering hosting the the public at large.

I know you have a phpBB board so if you want to keep that you would pretty much have to go with the UK version of Tripod (They are the only ones (that work with phpBB) that offer php support for free.

Also www.dr2.net (my host) is pretty good at only $20 a year and just under 99.9% uptime. The guy that owns the hosting is also pretty awsome (You ask for something to be added to the server and he pretty much is willing to do it (Minus any potential harm it something could cause of course). Just to note even if you told they guy I refered you I would not get anything so...

EDIT: I set the dr2.net price at 12x higher then it really is...
Last edited by Anthony on Mon May 19, 2003 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

Anthony.....isn't it $20 a year for the basic plan? Heres an outline of their plans:

http://dr2.net/?src=hosting
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Well, the PHPBB board is going down... Right now, I just want some space to store some small files.
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

You can use Geocities for that.... lol. You can always change the extension to something else, and then rename it on your computer. I was very happy with that back in HS.

Good webhosting @ mediacatch.com $5.50/month.... everything you could possibly want.
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Doh... Ya only $20 for a year... For $20 a month you could have... A reseller account with them lol.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ