incorrect online/away status

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

elitemrp

aims servers are horrible

Post by elitemrp »

aims servers are horrible .. a few of my friends are having this problem lately... one of my friends got his password stolen last week and he tried to change it but the aim pw change site doesnt work, ive tried also, you cant change your AIM pw, its been like that for at least a week, maybe longer. AOL sucks
Fedichini91
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM trouble

Post by Fedichini91 »

Hello gang I'm new here...

Like many of you, I am also having trouble with AIM. I don't need to list the details since they have been mentioned above. One thing that I have learned is that when you are online and block someone and then unblock them, your buddy list will update. I called up AOL tech support and they said their programmers "are not trained to deal with problems on AIM." I got pretty ticked off but they said that they are having server problems (already mentioned also) with AIM, and they said to wait 2 days to a week and see if it is better. I called them up on Friday if anyone wants to know. Before I hung up, however, I told them that getting rid of AOL a few months ago was the best move I ever made :)

I hope they fix the problem soon because it is really getting annoying. A few friends of mine have the same problem also. I also filled out a bug report. Maybe the next version of AIM (which should come out in July) will not have the problem.
crayzbaybktb3
Just Registered
Just Registered

hey!

Post by crayzbaybktb3 »

Hey im not an aim+ user yet but i soon will be so obviously it isn't aim+.I am having this problem as well and its really making me mad because i contacted aol by phone and they said they couldn't help us and just told me to go to the aim website...like that helps cuz there isn't anything about this bug on there. Its only happening to certain ppl so whats up w/ that? Well i hope it gets fixed and FAST. :evil: :o :( :sad: :D
pinhead82
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by pinhead82 »

I too have been experiencing all these same problems, and I dont have AIM+ yet. I reported a bug to AOLs website and they now have a note on the site saying there IS a problem with AIM servers causing buddy lists to update incorrectly.
Fedichini91
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Fedichini91 »

My AIM just started to work again fine this morning. I've signed on and off a few times and it has been working good ever since. Where is the note on AOL/AIM's website?
hmph

Post by hmph »

I just use AIM's UK version, great features, like a url bar at the bottom :D it is 4.7, but i have been having no problems with it, so I am happy (I had them with the American 4.8 version).
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

hmph wrote:I just use AIM's UK version, great features, like a url bar at the bottom :D it is 4.7, but i have been having no problems with it, so I am happy (I had them with the American 4.8 version).
ok?
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

why u say ok? he was saying he ran into the same prob with US AIM not UK that he uses now.
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

looks like the problem has been solved
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

um... yea..... i think ur right....

lol, anyways..... killcrap, i was wonderin.... whats is ur icon? why does that look familiar to me for some reason? lol

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

i found it on aimcons.net a while ago, i though she looked hot, so i saved her. :lol: