Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Excellent use of the autoshapes.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Master Jedi wrote:Excellent use of the autoshapes.
Thanks! I used a 2 different versions of stars, and a circle.. and added a bunch of different effects and colors. Came out quite nice if I do say so myself! :)
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

that's a really cool looking one.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

own3d
Attachments
iy.jpg
iy.jpg (289.84 KiB) Viewed 6436 times
Matt

Post by Matt »

Gotta hand it to you...good one Jedi Master!
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

How do you go about creating those images? highlighting it and the image appears hidden under the 'noise' ..
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

awesome pic jedi... gotta love inuyasha
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

good I was not the only person who had a good idea where that came from. (I knew I had seen it but I coudl not put a name to it)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

hmm so we're starting the photoshop thread up again... if it wasn't 4:30 in the a.m. I'd make a picture for you all... I'll make one soon :)
:D
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Timelessblur wrote:good I was not the only person who had a good idea where that came from. (I knew I had seen it but I coudl not put a name to it)
It was on tv when I posted that... plus its quickly becoming a fave of mine. I even created a character for an online rpg based on Kagome....

Can't wait to see more pics... I don't have photoshop anymore... but I do have another image studio that I might work with and maybe post something again...
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:How do you go about creating those images? highlighting it and the image appears hidden under the 'noise' ..
It's easy...

PSP 7:
1) Acquire the "Hidden Image"
2) Create a "New Image" with the same dimensions
3) On the "New Image" use the Effect->Noise->Add filter a few times
4) Make a new 2 by 2 "Mask Image" just like the one in the picture (it's zoomed in to show detail
5) Select the "New Image" and click Masks->New->Show All
6) Click Masks->Edit
7) Select the flood fill tool (the one that looks like a paint can)
8) Set the foreground style to pattern (click the little arrow next to the foreground style and select the field of 9 dots)
9) Click on the pattern that appears in the Style box to show the pattern selection dialog
10) Click on the drop-down style dialog and select the "Mask Image" (If its the second image you created it should be called Image2) and make sure the Scale is set to 100%
11) Left-Click on the "New Image" (the one with the noise)
12) With the New Image still selected, click Layers->New Raster Layer and use the default settings.
13) Click Layers->Arrange->Send to bottom
14) Open your "Hidden Image" and press Ctrl+C to copy it
15) Select your New Image and press Ctrl+E. The picture will appear under your cursor. Move the cursor until the first coordinate in the status bar says (0, 0) and left-click.

Now you're done with the hard part. What you have to do now is Colors->Adjust->Brightness and Contrast to each layer individually (Use the layers menu to switch between layers). You want both layers to be very low in contrast so you cant see the Hidden Image if it's not highlighted. The brightness is really a matter of preference and it usually has little effect on the visibility of the hidden image. The contrast is the important part.

Fin.

Note: If you're going to save it as a JPEG, USE A VERY LOW COMPRESSION SETTING, otherwise the image will be smoothed and you'll lose your hidden image. GIFs are pretty good for this type of image.
Attachments
image4.gif
image4.gif (7.68 KiB) Viewed 6397 times
image3.gif
image3.gif (2.62 KiB) Viewed 6397 times
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

When I pasted in the hidden image in your last step (15?) .. do i want to make it a layer?? Or keep it a Floating Selection?
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Step 12 creates the layer to contain the image. You send it to the bottom to put it behind the noise layer. When you hit Ctrl+E (assuming you followed my instructions exactly) it will paste your image as a floating selection INSIDE the bottom layer. You can disselect it by pressing Ctrl+D so it will no longer be a floating selection, but that doesnt really make a difference cuz the selection area should be the entire image at that point.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

One more thing...you can use another image as the noise layer. It should have vibrant colors to hide the low-contrast image underneath.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

I made this last night for a buddy icon, and i saw this thread was up. I like it, it took bout 5 min to make but i think its pretty cool. And the other one i was jus messin around. The buddy icon is the small one.
Attachments
liq.psd.gif
liq.psd.gif (49.54 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
tone.psd.gif
tone.psd.gif (3.09 KiB) Viewed 6338 times
tone