New alternative?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Whenever You Get...

1. Tabs
2. Real Time Logging
3. MSN Style Pop-ups
4. Aliases
5. Webserver
6. Remove Self From Someone's List
7. Encryption
8. Chat While Away

...I Will *consider* Switching from AIM- and DeadAIM
rejected

Post by rejected »

look back in the future, we're implementing features, a few at a time, so we can focus on any bugs that would come to exist, then once bugs are fixed, we move on. but most if not all are already planned to be in the later beta or even non beta releases.
He's goin fuckin' nowhere...where you goin nowhereeeeee.
zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

Thanks for trying to answer those questions bro, heh.

Middle_man was indeed created out of the interest for a better experience, like our slogan says. This program is being created in our spare time (hence the speed of the current development) and we do not plan on trying to get rich out of this. We loved AIM+ and DeadAIM is not an option for us. Enter middle_man!

The features on our site are just a brief idea of where we plan to go with this project. Time is a big factor however and I hope you guys all realize this. I am a full time college student as well as the other developer. When we're not in school we're in full time jobs. So the point I'm trying to get across is -- please be patient with us.

As for trying to motivate us, you're doing a great job. We're loving the positive feedback, and we're loving the bug reports. Because of all the help people have provided us, we have been able to find and fix a load of bugs. With this beta, we will have a solid foundation for creating the rest of the project. If you want to help us get some ad revenue, please click on the ad at the bottom of the download page. Maybe in the near future we'll have a donatation page for the people who think we deserve more then credit. ;)

So in conclusion -- no paying, constant feature updates, and 1-on-1 with the developers. If you have question in the future however, please use our forums so the other users will be able to see and reply to your posts.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Nice! :D

Now, are you gonna be just as active here about middle_man here as you are in your own support forums? :wink:

I'll definatly keep my eye on this. I've been using DeadAIM for a while now, so this looks promising. :D
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

ZeroOffline..., 2 things.

1) whats your first name so i dont have to call you "zerooflline: lol
2) add ur site to ur profile on these forums ;-)

-Dan
zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

Hey Dan, good suggestions. My name is Harry - you'll see my a lot on the middleman forums. Also I have added the link in my profile.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

It looks nice and all. When I get the chance I look at it
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Well, I'd like to let you all know that I really enjoy this new program :) I have completely switched over to m_m. They are coding the right way, alternatign between bug fixes and added feature releases so they can greatly reduce the potential for bugs. They're very quick to responding to posts about quesitons, suggestions, comments, and the very rare bug reports. When a bug is found, it gets taken care of now, not in a few months like that software that "died"(;)) does.

Great feature list as well, check it out. From what I've been reading, this feature list seems to be out of date in only a few days of being up hehe. Not out of date because stuff isn't ready or being removed, but out of date because there are hoards of features in the making for future releases :D.

This program is definitely worth a look...even if you're a hardcore aim+/deadaim/whatever supporter, you might want to switch over sometime in the very near future :)
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

This is A Nice Program and Since the 0.0007 Patch, i have found no bugs. Keep up the good work.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

This could be a longshot.. but could you get support for x86 platforms of Linux?? :D
Preferably Mandrake 9.1 :wink:

why you ask?? Well.... because I don't use WinDOZE.
Stealth725

Post by Stealth725 »

Walker wrote:Whenever You Get...

1. Tabs
2. Real Time Logging
3. MSN Style Pop-ups
4. Aliases
5. Webserver
6. Remove Self From Someone's List
7. Encryption
8. Chat While Away

...I Will *consider* Switching from AIM- and DeadAIM
yeah me too, except i use MyShAIM (free deadaim clone)
zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

In due time fellas, in due time. This is our first release ever... it can only get better. And that it will.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

So wait, I can use this WITH DeadAIM? Or to replace DeadAIM?
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Don't use it with AIM+ or DeadAIM. It works like AIM+ I believe. I mean like it's a seperate program that calls AIM.exe.

I still haven't used it, so I'm not sure.
zerooffline

Post by zerooffline »

This does in fact work like AIM+. And because of this you can use it with DeadAIM. For the time being this will be alright, but in the future we suggest you completely switch to middle_man. (we understand that right now tabbed IM's and ad removal are a big thing).

PS. We are currently having a domain switch, so if you're unable to view the webpage (like I am), just wait a couple days for your DNS server to update.