AIM 5.0 Beta Build 2867 Released

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

thursday, what os are u running, thats in the pic of ur buddy list?

also, im new to this resource hacker, what file do i open and what folders is that bitmap 273 in.? thanks!
rapta
Just Registered
Just Registered

WHAT OS

Post by rapta »

He is using Windows XP with a style applied to it. Use StyleXP.
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

www.aimicons.net has all the dirt on aim tricks...some are obvious but some are really tricky haha

they teach u how to do 5.0 skins urselve....etc....long profiles..., etc.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I was wondering the same thing as you are killcrap. I'm too scared to download AIM 5. When I saw the screenshots I grabbed my blanket and hid in the closet. Well not really but my initial shock was because I thought that you HAD to have ads covering your buddy list. I am curious if that typing indicator works with older versions though and if anyone knows, please share.
GigaRoc
Addict
Addict

Post by GigaRoc »

it works with all versions of AIM, but it dosn't work with third party programs like Trillion and aidem(i can't ever remember how the **** to spell that ****)
SAVE ME GOD - disturbed
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

skudz wrote:i have been having that problem too lately, but im on aim 4.8. so i unno :/
In the AIMs that first had DC they'd always work, but at some point it was changed so that 24-bit images display in icon size, or at least that's what it seems like to me.
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Punny Buddy Icons: assbuddy.tk
Gizmo
Just Registered
Just Registered

History on AIM 5.0 Beta works, but not very easily.

Post by Gizmo »

Open the history viewer. The screennames you've talked to is under the user drop down box. If you click on the person you want to view, nothing shows up. Click on the screenname directly under the person you want to view in that drop down box. You must delete that screenname. It will automatically jump to the screenname above the one you deleted, and a conversation date should appear on the left box. Click on it and there's your conversation. Personally, I wouldn't go through all this crap unless it was an important conversation.
Bryan
nirvana

typing indicator sucks

Post by nirvana »

am i the only person who would rather NOT have a typing indicator? it feels like an invasion of the privacy that's so nice about im's. you can type something and then change or completely erase it without the other person ever knowing you were constructing something to say. it sucks to have someone watching your every action -- you are actually put on the spot.... online.
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

typing indicator doesnt work with older versions of aim. u must ahve 5.0 and same with the buddy ur talking to have 5.0 in order to see the typing thing.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I do understand that some people like the idea of privacy online, and at times I do. I think that a possible feature request after AIM+ is made compatable with AIM 5 would be the ability to disable the typing indicator if AOL does not add this themselves. I'm a pretty straightforward person and don't really care if people think I'm constructing sentence, but I know a lot of people who turn on every privacy function available and would probably be comforted by this. Also, is it just coincidence, or did the person's current warning level sometimes suddenly appear right before they sent a message? I sometimes used this as a typing indicator and found it to be pretty accurate.
timrosenfeld
Addict
Addict

Post by timrosenfeld »

I can relate with Nirvana about the typing indicator. I'm a very indecisive person, so I type lots of things that I never actually send to people. My girlfriend in particular gets mad about that. She'll see the typing indicator going for a long time... then she'll say something and I'll erase what I'd typed and say something a lot shorter. Then I get a "all that typing and that's all you had to say?!" Well, we don't talk online much anymore it's too impersonal anyway.
spellspoil
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by spellspoil »

i love the typing indicator.. you know if people are actually writing something or doing something else.. it makes it more like real life sortof..
Alien Venom
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Alien Venom »

It's been a while. Come on Big-O!
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

Im very eager to get new AIM+ version but let Big-O work...u want somethign that works well dont u? Lets just think bout somethin else and let time pass. :)
CyraxBot
Just Registered
Just Registered

I got Aim + to work with 5.0

Post by CyraxBot »

Don't ask me how but i got Aim + to work with 5.0 The only thing that is not there is the + on the buddy window but thats ok because i can still get to it if i am talking to someone I just clikc on AIM + and it's all right there :D