direct connect images arent tiny anymore,

they re-arranged the settings panel a little, and there is a new "Nascar" skin

thats all i noticed
GorillaNippeFIVE
Just Registered
Just Registered

they take too long

Post by GorillaNippeFIVE »

why don't they have AIM the same # as AOL?

and, yeah, these AIM expressions are just plain stupid. ooooo a whole 4 or 5 expressions to "express" yourself. how useless. the buddy list looks kind of cluttered, and it has been downgraded. HOW NERDISH!

yay i am glad big o' software makes AIM+ (i'm using then non-beta AIM now)
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

i like the new typing indicator,

there will be more expressions, including new smilies, which i think will be cool, i think the skins that they have so far are ugly, but there should be more plus i think ppl can make their own, i hate how long it takes for the buddy list and IM window skins to load, hopefuly they improve that before the final release of aim 5

clutter indeed, come one Big-O, give us the power to destroy this crap!
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

i think in the new AIM+ we should have the option of making it LOOK just like the 4.8 version we all use right now, the new one just plains sucks. i can see all my ditsy girl friends doing their expressions going 'how cute, im so cool' and things like that
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

i think there should be an options to not accept other ppls expressions
i366i
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by i366i »

yeh i agree with the option not to accept em, But I opened the expression files, they are actually pretty easy to make.. maybe once it gets bigger we can script some cool ones up thats worht it
blahman
Addict
Addict

Post by blahman »

Does anyone know of any programs that can remove advertisements and the ad space from this version. I was using a program that removed the ads for the last beta, but it for some reason, probably because they fixed the resizing of the buddy list, it is not compatable with this version. Also does anyone have any idea when aim+ will come out with a version compatiable with aim 5? I do not think I have seen any responses from them on that situation.
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

@Big-O Ryan:
When do you think you will release a new version? Maybe a Beta where only the History is working again? Please!

Keep on the good work!
Mercedes-Benz Fanpage - www.mb-portal.net
iLXeNk
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by iLXeNk »

Thats something I've noticed with the new beta, instead of logging your history of a conversation in the appropriate folder it instead generates an html doc in the main folder (Your user name). Inside that document, all your conversations for the day are mixed together. It makes it very chaotic, can't wait for the new Aim+ to come out till then I'll just stick with 4.8 Final.
Stop looking at me!!!
iLXeNk
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by iLXeNk »

Ok well seems that I was wrong about it jumbling all the chats into one big html file. Instead of sub categorizing all your conversations into neat folders under assumed SN instead it just throws it into folders directly under Aim+ History meaning if you talked to someone named blahblahblah it'd create a folder named blahblahblah directly in the Aim+ History folder instead of inside your SN folder. As for the history viewer itself not being able to read the html files, I think it might have something to do with the RSA stuff Aim added into the new 5.0 Beta, just a guess. Anyways I'll be looking forward to a new Aim+ release, and maybe a skining tool? Would be nice cause all their skins SUCK.
Stop looking at me!!!