Kind, vb inclined person.

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

sweeney
Addict
Addict

Kind, vb inclined person.

Post by sweeney »

So I picked up a book on Visual Basic, which came with software. I get everything installed, only to discover its the working model edition, and doesn't give you the option to compile your work. I'm a little too lazy to download it, and way too broke to buy it. I just need someone to compile one or two programs for me. Thanks in advance.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

email them to me
thecaptainjs@yahoo.com
Ill do it for you when I get a chance.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I would do it for you but I had just unistalled VB off my computer a few weeks ago. I need the HD space
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

haha...... im taking a C++ class at school, and they got the student thingy where i got the whole Microsoft Visual STUDIO for FREE! :o

i honestly dont know how they do that..... its full version stuff here too, not the 'learning edition' crap ya see\

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

that's probably a result of M$'s settlement... a lot of schools get free/extremely discounted versions of stuff. guess it just varies depending on the school cuz we have the Office (Win and Mac), OS, and Front Page here...
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

or they have an unlimited site liscence. some college have those agreements where they get all microsoft products free (well not free they pay some flat fee or the like)

its alwasy nice.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Moon Child wrote:that's probably a result of M$'s settlement... a lot of schools get free/extremely discounted versions of stuff. guess it just varies depending on the school cuz we have the Office (Win and Mac), OS, and Front Page here...
Microsoft isn't that snide... They give millions to schools, with out any finger pointing by the Goverment... Of course I'm sure the Govement doesn't mind one bit the consumers thinking their the reason they give money away.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

thecaptainjs wrote:or they have an unlimited site liscence. some college have those agreements where they get all microsoft products free (well not free they pay some flat fee or the like)

its alwasy nice.
Speaking of liscences.. As of sometime early last year (i think), M$ decided to change is liscence agreements, so businesses (including colleges) have to buy in bulk.

Instead of a one year agreement, per disk, per computer, now it's a 3, 5 or 10 year agreement per disk(only guessing on the length of years), per computer. Just another way for M$ to get more money up front.
Also another reason why alot of businesses are switching to *nix and it's variations (*BSD, Solaris, etc). :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

You think a school should allow them self to fall 5 years behind software?

Any school that has any sort of active use of software should upgrade with every major release...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

Plasma2002b wrote:haha...... im taking a C++ class at school, and they got the student thingy where i got the whole Microsoft Visual STUDIO for FREE! :o

i honestly dont know how they do that..... its full version stuff here too, not the 'learning edition' crap ya see\
school did that with me, i got visual studios 6. pretty nice.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yep...... but now i got a question..... the3 visual studio i got from school has 'Professional Version' as its label.... whereas the version i downloaded (unlegitematly) had the label 'Enterprise Version'

now i know enterprise is better than professional, but WHAT are the differences exactly?

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

the one i got, idk which it is, but it's 12 cds.

couple developing tools
MSDN (there help program, which is good for what i think)

and it came with: FOXpro, Java ++ 6 pro Visual C++ 6, VB6. idk what else, that may be it, but thats why i have on my comp.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

A HTML package (which is better then Front Page IMO, but I bet it would sell for less then FP alone... Go figure...).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ