LITTLE HELP...I know this sounds stupid, but....

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

BigDaddy555

LITTLE HELP...I know this sounds stupid, but....

Post by BigDaddy555 »

I posted earlier about using my own outgoing sounds in AIM 5.5 that others hear. The problem is that it tells me it is not an official AIM sound. I believe this so because I do not have it in the right folder, because it will also do that with other sounds (that actually are aim sounds). My problem is that I cannot find anywhere the actual folder it uses for the outgoing sounds. All I can find are the wav sounds, but it will not let me use any of these. Does anyone know where AIM hides the sounds? Thanks.........................
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I bet you money it has something to do with the expressions.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
BigDaddy555

Post by BigDaddy555 »

Thanks Anthony, but I seem to have tried everything. AIM just seems to be very selective on what sounds it lets others hear. I just need to know where the "official AIM sounds" folder is buried. I even tried the "search" in the start menu. I think if I could find this folder I could save my unique sounds that I have made into this folder and maybe it would recognize it as an official sound. Am I making any sense? To see what I am talking about, try this.....open your outgoing sounds and click browse. Find a WAV sound or any bull@#$% sound. Add it and and click let others hear this sound. It will tell you that it is not an official AIM sound. I appreciate any help or ideas on this because I am just determined now to figure this out........................THANKS
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Did you ever come to think that it could just be a bug within AIM?

Did this happen in any previous versions, or just the one you happen to use?

If it is a bug... either submit it to their BugTracker or wait for the next release to see if it'll get fixed.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't know how well this would work because... Well I have never fully used the program before, but try to find the program that makes AIM expressions (look on aimfilez.com) and see if you can add sounds through that.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
BigDaddy555

Post by BigDaddy555 »

Thanks for the replies.....................oh, and I dont think you can do this with earlier versions of AIM. There has to be a way!