NFL - Maurice Clarett

Discuss anything sports related.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Anthony, jester22c

Anthony

NFL - Maurice Clarett

Post by Anthony »

***Repost from another website's forum***

Perhaps I have missed something, but isn't the NFL a :cough: US Company :cough:?

So you say? Well isn't it required by the US Goverment that no company will be allowed discriminate based on age (amoung other things).

Maurice Clarett is 21 years old. This is well beyond the age of 18 that any company is allowed to care about...

The Supreme Court has made a major mistake by saying that the NFL does not have to allow it's teams to draft Maurice Clarett...

Now realize I couldn't care less about Maurice Clarett - However I do think that this is major BS and all about politics - The US is breaking it's own rules for it's own best intrest...

How very sad...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

It's not so much a "company" per-se. It's more of an organization, which creates and maintains it's own set of rules.

The reason from my understanding on their decisions would be more of an ability to play and even stand a chance against the other people..

For example... you're 21 years old, on average how much does a 21 year old weigh? Even if you worked out and were pretty thick... Id' say about 200. Whereas the other people who play.. also much older, are upwards of 300 someodd pounds. If this person were to even attempt to take on someone nearly twice their weight, their going to get seriously injured.

Also another reason is maturity level. Now again, not everyone is the same obviously... but it's similar to driving cars. The younger people cause the majority of accidents, because they're "less expereinced". The same applies to this situation. The younger guy doesn't know as much and in my opinion shouldn't be put into the NFL at such a young age. Let him play some college for a few years and if they still think he's worth something, then you can draft him.

my .02
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

He's played college... and I don't think he'll get any more experience... Yeah he helped Ohio State to the National Championship... but he screwed himself out of playing football last year. And now he wants to go pro? Give me a break... I don't care for him at all and I think he just needs to give up. He screwed with the system too many times.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:Also another reason is maturity level. Now again, not everyone is the same obviously... but it's similar to driving cars. The younger people cause the majority of accidents, because they're "less expereinced". The same applies to this situation. The younger guy doesn't know as much and in my opinion shouldn't be put into the NFL at such a young age. Let him play some college for a few years and if they still think he's worth something, then you can draft him.

my .02
Tell that to Brett Farve... Jim Kelly... John Elway... Dan Marino... Steve Young... - Okay I guess your right.... These guys never got touched :twisted:

But serious... There are plenty of guys in the Rochester area alone that could play in the NFL straight of of High School... And they don't weigh 200 pounds... More towards 340 really...

And making it personal isn't really fair Maeg :-?

National Football League Inc. Company Profile

In the world of professional sports, the National Football League (NFL) blitzes the competition. The organization oversees America's most popular spectator sport, acting as a trade association for 32 franchise owners. The teams operate as separate businesses but share much of the revenue generated through broadcasting and merchandising. The NFL was founded as the American Professional Football Association in 1920. The league reorganized its two conferences, the AFC and NFC, for the 2002-03 season when the Houston Texans joined the league as the latest, and probably last, expansion team. Fans initially protested the realignment, but quieted once it was clear the reorganization made more geographic sense.
Seems to me there is a conflict of intrest if the league it's self is not a company in its self... The teams are... I think for all intents and purposes someone could legally sue a team (if not all of them :o ) for not drafting them...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

But in reality, isn't everything our personal opinion ;)

Sorry... it's after 6 am and I just can't coherently think straight. lol... I'll reply later when I can.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Matt

Post by Matt »

I think he is an idiot to bring the matter to the Supreme Court. I heard that he got rejected (?) or something and so it's no longer at the Supreme Court (?)

I dont know, I heard about it at the beginning of the week....laughed.....and then never kept up on the times. So something may have happened in the alst 72 hrs...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

He didn't bring it to the Supreme Court... The NFL did because they are cry babies and when they don't get their way they cry about it until someone does something to make them happy and shut them up.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Shows how much I know then.. :roll:
I could really care less about it though.. I was just trying to make a valid statement, but I guess it backfired. :-?