PHP in Info

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

PHP in Info

Post by Plasma2002b »

Ok... im not the php expert here (im the asp guy, lol), but i know a lot of you are.

as far as i know php is the only way you can get scripting in ur info.... so ive been trying to learn php latley, but i cant get sumthin...

so instead of tryin to search the piles of info on the net for php tutorials, ive decided to ask it here....

basic thing here.....

how can i get the SN of somebody WITH SPACES IN THEYE NAME into the script??

i can make it display the sn if theres no spaces in theyre format, but i get the "Error loading content" message if they have a space....

lets say i wanted to do a VERY simple script that JUST displays the sn of them from the url... how would i go about doin that??

easy in asp, lol

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

i have a script for you. i'l post it in a few hours
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

first off where are you learning PHP, i want to also and if im not mistaken, replace a space with %20
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well, i jus went to www.php.net to start, read some manuals and reference stuff, got the jist of things, then i just googled for 'php tutorials'

found a lot of stuff, but ya know,..... nothing really specific....

a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

what kind of script are you doing? i just wanna know what I can do with php in profile
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

AIM's richtext browser won't change spaces to %20s automatically. So I'm also eager to hear killcrap's solution.
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Punny Buddy Icons: assbuddy.tk
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Thyme wrote:AIM's richtext browser won't change spaces to %20s automatically.

you and sombrero got it backwards i think....... i need it to convert the %20 to a space and not the other way around

Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

<?php
/*Where $newsn is the screen name with spaces and $sn is the screen name taken from the %n tags... if they open up the file in a new browser window and it is not Netscape 4.7, youll get the %20s, or else it will be truncated.*/
$newsn=str_replace("%20"," ",$sn);
?>
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

And as far as I know, it's an issue with Apache that it won't read spaces in the address bar.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Thyme wrote:... if they open up the file in a new browser window and it is not Netscape 4.7, youll get the %20s......
true... IE automatically changes the spaces to "%20", but will it work the same in the AIM Info window? it treats hyperlinks differently when its target _self.......

Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

No, it won't work unless you do something to do it, which I don't know how to. Does subprofile log SNs with spaces correctly?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yep.... it logs with correct spaces and case

Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

I guess they either know more than we do or they're running a version of Apache or PHP on IIS ( :-? ).
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

subprofile does NOT log with spaces, i have spaces in my name and in the 'viewed' section of my friends its no spaces
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well... i found out wat it is.....

its the php interpereter itself.... the new version just isnt really compatible with it. Ive read the docs....... aparently what subprofile did was just not update. I have the new version, so thats why i cant get it to work. If yall want to make it work, go download an older binary than what is offered.