The Future of AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

In which direction should AIM+ development continue?

Continue development for the AIM 4 series
18%
Begin development for the AIM 5 series now
82%

Total votes: 82

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

[quote="ERIKKFI"]......The ~l33t~est among us are waiting for the next AIM+ for our AIM4s.......quote]

calm down

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Pscott wrote:AIM 5.0 HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN RELEASED TODAY!!! I SAY DEVELOP AIM+ TO WORK WITH AIM 5.0!!!! OKAY?!?!?
I really hate to break it to you but AIM 5.0 come out of Beta on the 5th... not the today (the 12th) :roll:
Santos L. Halper
Just Registered
Just Registered

that other guy had a good idea

Post by Santos L. Halper »

The other guy with the idea of finishing up 4 and then starting on 5 sounds like a good idea. That will give it some time for the final release to come out and then everyone will their choice of what they want and they'll be happy. if it's going to be the future of aim it'd be smart to adapt early.[/b]
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Re: that other guy had a good idea

Post by Plasma2002b »

Santos L. Halper wrote:...That will give it some time for the final release to come out and then everyone will their choice....

the final IS out.... thats what everybody's talkion bout

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DomoKong

Post by DomoKong »

i thik you should work on AIM 5 because it is now final
nekura
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by nekura »

I would love to see AIM+ for AIM 5. Heck, the only reason I'm not using AIM 5 is because AIM+ doesn't fully support it. While AIM 4.x is nice (I've been using AIM 4.4 for the longest time), I really do like the ability to fully skin it rather than do some simple image replacements.
truck
Just Registered
Just Registered

hmm.

Post by truck »

i don't know if this is even still a discussion but my word counts, it's got to be pretty pointless to continue development aim 4. if the software works, then i see no reason why you can't just go for it and concentrate fully on aim5, you're going to have to anyway so why spend time on something that's no longer going to be a factor within weeks/months. i've moved onto aim 5 and am eagerly awaiting aim+'s upgrade. great software.

truck
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Actually, I was intending on closing this thread.. it isn't really worth spending time on anymore.

I wasn't expecting AIM 5.0 to come out so soon, and the troubles with the site have set us back..

But rest assured: future versions of AIM+, like all the previous versions, will be aimed at the most current release of AIM, and will then try to be as compatible with older versions as possible.
-Ryan
Big-O Software