Add previously saved convos into AIM+ History?

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

vipul12

Add previously saved convos into AIM+ History?

Post by vipul12 »

Is there any way to add previously saved AIM Convos into the AIM+ History? I tried to navigate to where the AIM+ History was installed, and just add my previously saved convo into the folder of the person i was talking to, but it didn't show up when i went to the AIM+ History. I was wondering if there is a way to do this and add previous manually saved convos into the AIM+ History? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it would make it much easier to navigate through my old saved convos. Thank you ahead of time.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Yes, you can add previously saved conversations to your AIM+ directories. Just move the old converation into your "AIM+ History/User/Buddy" directory, with "User" being your screenname, and "buddy" being the buddy your conversation with. Make sure your conversation is saved with a ".html" extension or it will not show up in the history viewer's list of conversations. The file does not have to follow AIM+'s convention for naming files, it can be "old.html" or whatever you want, and it will show up in the history viewer.
-Mark
Big-O Software
vipul12
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by vipul12 »

Thank you for your help. The problem was that my saved file was in the .HTM format instead of the .HTML. i would've never noticed this until you told me. thank you again.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

No problem. I actually just tested while I was posting to see if .htm would work as well as .html, and when it didn't, I assumed that was probably why it wasn't working for you :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
alimaui

Post by alimaui »

I figured out own about the history folder, but my old conversations that I have "dropped" there are not being recognized in the history viewwer within AIM+. They are saved as HTML files... ANy other suggestions?

Ali
*Grateful for the help!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

My only guess is that they are not in the right folder. I tested this out with some files myself, and as long as a file is named with a '.html' extension (case INsensitive), AIM+ history viewer will pick it up.

Remember, your history files need to be in a subfolder of a subfolder within your history folder (just like the history files AIM+ generates).

Aside from this, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be listed (restarting the history viewer might help, but shouldn't even be necessary).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
alimaui

Post by alimaui »

Yea, I got the whole subfolder thing. Some of the previous convos (pc) I just dropped into already existing folders. The others that I had no folders for I created forders in the same way as history created them (with username). The new names show up in history list, but no joy on the pc. I think I shall do some more "fiddling" and see what I can come up with....unless you have anymore suggestions.

Ali
AzNBoY0325

Addin on to the history

Post by AzNBoY0325 »

Instead of adding a previously saved conversation into the history sub-subfolder, is there a way to add on to an already saved conversation (like filling the history gaps manually) but without going into each of the conversation sources and copying and pasting
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

well in windows xp if u copy a folder on to an existing folder, it will keep the files that are already inside, and replaces the files that have the same name,. i was wondering if u could maybe add an import feature that appends files together so logs arent replaced
superfastkyle

Post by superfastkyle »

That would definately be a good feature to add. A import fuction that would append to already saved conversations. I don't always use the same computer and I know alot of us don't. Its kinda annoying to have a history on my laptop and a different one on my pc.