mfc70.dll problem in aim+ 2.0

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Zul

mfc70.dll problem in aim+ 2.0

Post by Zul »

I downloaded and installed the new aim+ 2.0 build 55 but I can not use the history viewer.

It gives me this error:
"This application has failed to start because MFC70.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
I tried to reinstall AIM, and reinstall AIM+, this did not help

Now before anyone gets on my ass, YES I did try to install the following:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... up_enu.exe

THIS DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. In fact it would not even install for me at all. I downloaded it, extracted the vcredist.exe and ran it, it did nothing. I then opened the vcredist.exe with winzip and extracted all the files out of it into a folder and tried the setup that way and it told me that all of my components were up to date.

Any help here?

I'm using:
Windows XP Pro
AIM beta 4.8.2646
AIM+ 2.0 (build 55)
everything installed into the default directories
MSUman4

Post by MSUman4 »

I have the same error and I have tried everything to fix it but I can't either. Hope we can get this fixed soon.
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

hmm strange it didn't let me post under my real name when I made that post

anyway, glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem. i hope it can be resolved soon, I love using aim+
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

hmm strange it didn't let me post under my real name when I made that post

anyway, glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem. i hope it can be resolved soon, I love using aim+
Nemessis
Addict
Addict

Post by Nemessis »

i get the same problem when i try to use the history viewer, though AIM+ 2 does start up.
prfxn

mfc70.dll problem in aim+ 2.0 - same error here

Post by prfxn »

Zul wrote: I downloaded and installed the new aim+ 2.0 build 55 but I can not use the history viewer.

It gives me this error

"This application has failed to start because MFC70.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I tried to reinstall AIM, and reinstall AIM+, this did not help

Now before anyone gets on my ass, YES I did try to install the following
http//download.microsoft.com/download/vc60pro/Update/1/W9XNT4/EN-US/VC6RedistSetup_enu.exe

THIS DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM. In fact it would not even install for me at all. I downloaded it, extracted the vcredist.exe and ran it, it did nothing. I then opened the vcredist.exe with winzip and extracted all the files out of it into a folder and tried the setup that way and it told me that all of my components were up to date.

Any help here?

I'm using
Windows XP Pro
AIM beta 4.8.2646
AIM+ 2.0 (build 55)
everything installed into the default directories

I'm getting the same error above when trying to access the history feature. I'm on win 98.

If you uninstall Aim+2.0 and reinstall the 1.0 it will work again. Hopefully it can be tweaked by the program gods to work again, hehe.

Keep up the good work.

Post by Guest »

I solved it here:

On this page (http://mapage.noos.fr/dadywriter/download.htm), download the files "Download LittleWriter DLL for beta version (1,6 Mo)"

Or linked directly... http://mapage.noos.fr/dadywriter/Downlo ... terDll.EXE

This should contain the necessary DLLs to run it. Works for me! :) I'm surprised M$ hasn't released a patch containing these runtime files, but here it is. You can thank me with a $5 donation via Paypal....j/k. :p
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

Anonymous wrote: I solved it here

On this page (http//mapage.noos.fr/dadywriter/download.htm), download the files "Download LittleWriter DLL for beta version (1,6 Mo)"

Or linked directly... http//mapage.noos.fr/dadywriter/Download/LittleWriterDll.EXE

This should contain the necessary DLLs to run it. Works for me! ) I'm surprised M$ hasn't released a patch containing these runtime files, but here it is. You can thank me with a $5 donation via Paypal....j/k. p
Interesting that you posted this solution. ) I did a search for the DLL on google and came up with that exact page. I didn't install it though, was waiting for a reply for the coders of AIM+, but since I see it works for you I will try it.
Anonymous

Same problem

Post by Anonymous »

I got the DLL pack from that littlebook site and uninstalled it and it left the DLL's needed. I am having a problem closing and opening it again it wants to clone all the time and not just open AIM again????? Were there beta tests of this? If there were can I sign up?

-bigdave

Post by Guest »

so far, installing those files works for me too.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Yes, you do need the MFC70.DLL for AIM+ 2.0 to run. 1.0 required an older version of this file, 2.0 the new one. That's why the other file people were trying to use to fix it didn't work. We didn't realize it because we already had it installed on our systems. Sorry about all the confusion.

I'm at work right now, so I really can't get a link up ... I probably shouldn't even be playing on the computer :). The method you guys devised seems to be fine. Anything to get that .DLL on your system!
-Mark
Big-O Software
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

Thanks Mark.

What I want to know is, where on microsoft's website can you get this MFC70.DLL? Yes, the LittleWriter file does have the DLL, but isn't there some installer or DLL/runtime package on Microsoft's site that will install it? You would think there would be. I have yet to find it.

If anyone finds this, please post!

I have the .NET framework installed, and it does not have the MFC70.DLL - in case anyone was thinking of trying that.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I believe it's in a 20 meg file somewhere on Microsoft's site. We'll have the .DLL up for download later today ... I'm stuck at work and Ryan has a few big school projects to finish up and classes.
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

The "problem" w/ cloning was actually a feature I believe. It was to allow you to run multiple copies of AIM so that you can logon multiple screenames at once. Maybe this feature should be deactivate-able by a checkbox? I know many users who use the actual AIM shortcut to get AIM to come out of the tray. :)

About the MFC70.DLL, it shouldn't be a 20 mb file, unless you're getting ALLLLL the runtime files ever created by Microsoft. If you take the files you need off the link I posted above, it's all you'll need. One MFC70.DLL should be compatible with any other...any newer versions should be backwards compatible with any older one. So, any file you find labeled MFC70.DLL should work (unless it has a virus or something)...do whatever floats your boat.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

(Well, I guess the 2.0 release was just too big to go down without a hitch..)

AIM+ 2.0.1 (build 55) has been released - the history viewer included in this version does not require MFC70.dll.

Thank you, everyone with the patience to get it up & running on their own, and for helping other people here in the forums.

I simply included the wrong history viewer executable file in the installer for 2.0 - I had/have no plans for requiring this DLL, which almost no one has, and for which Microsoft's only redistributable package is 20mb.

Thanks again everybody!
-Ryan
Big-O Software